Engagement ranges are huge

praslovan
Major-General

Engagement ranges are huge

Postby praslovan » Wed 27 Mar 2019 20:45

Hey,

like stated... engagement ranges are huge. On one side it is interesting on the other it isn't because someone can snipe you from the kind of range and direction (flank) that is physically not on your QHD screen even though you have recon on them battlefield wise.

Kinda feels like you can't have things under controll since you can't look at everything at once. I guess something to get used to over time since now you have to be map aware even for the parts of the map that you can't see on the screen... for every unit individually.

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Re: Engagement ranges are huge

Postby Destraex » Wed 27 Mar 2019 23:58

Are you referring to tank ranges? I was actually wondering about tanks chances to hit above 800m in ww2. I mean accurately. This was after I saw a tiger take a snap shot and get a first time hit in one of their videos.

I also remember a men of war 2 mod a mate used to make me play with him where ranges were realistic and so the AI used to fire across the map through the fog of war many camera blocks away. You simply could not see them and had no idea what was hitting you. Your stuff just blew up.

I am looking forward to trying he beta and seeing what you mean. I stayed up until 1am here only to find it would not finish the preload after the eugen annoucement. This morning it seems to be working though.

My question to you though is whether these ranges in sd2 are realistic? If so then I think we should work with them. But if t34 76 crews are getting kills first time at 2km regularly we have to call bs.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Thu 28 Mar 2019 00:10

Destraex wrote:Are you referring to tank ranges? I was actually wondering about tanks chances to hit above 800m in ww2. I mean accurately. This was after I saw a tiger take a snap shot and get a first time hit in one of their videos.

I also remember a men of war 2 mod a mate used to make me play with him where ranges were realistic and so the AI used to fire across the map through the fog of war many camera blocks away. You simply could not see them and had no idea what was hitting you. Your stuff just blew up.

I am looking forward to trying he beta and seeing what you mean. I stayed up until 1am here only to find it would not finish the preload after the eugen annoucement. This morning it seems to be working though.

My question to you though is whether these ranges in sd2 are realistic? If so then I think we should work with them. But if t34 76 crews are getting kills first time at 2km regularly we have to call bs.

It's hard to say... a lot of factors are there... verterancy and also leader/commander buffs.

Tanks have qite a long range now, they don't seem to be overly accurate however the fact that your flanks get easily taken advantage of and impact can be quite heavy is something to keep in mind. Wasn't the case before so it is just the matter of adjusting. Most of the time you will see the thing, since recon can see quite well, however you would not expect danger coming from so far before it is too late.
Tank warfare does seem quite OK in regards to how it feels though.

Game can be quite spammy as well.

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Postby Destraex » Thu 28 Mar 2019 04:05

I shall test more when I get home
It’s not only accuracy but armour pen that I want to look at at these ranges

Return to “Steel Division 2”