Initial Impressions

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Initial Impressions

Postby PzAz04Maus » Wed 27 Mar 2019 21:21

After 3 matches, some impressions.
Ingame UI wrote:Really messy and difficult to understand. I've mostly played as USSR, but I have a hard time telling what units are selected, or what units have just died. In my first match, things were so difficult to read I couldn't tell what units I had selected and so had sent an entire group when I intended only 1.

Range Tool wrote:Also difficult to read now. It seems to just blend into the background.

LOS tool wrote:The amount of time it takes to update is annoying. I worry that there's no optimization fix, but if it can be optimized to a smoother FPS, I'd like it a lot.

Range wrote:Good god there's a lot of range. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to manage the amount of crossfire you can make

Hedgelines wrote:- It seems like there's less microcover for infantry to exploit.

Pricing wrote:So far, I'm really liking how some things have become a lot cheaper. I have no idea about balance yet.

AP damage wrote: - I see that some AP weapons have different damage numbers now next to their pens. What does that mean?

Tiger E Spam wrote:holy shit there's a lot of Tigers.

Is the SK 18 really supposed to be this huge?

New:

Katyusha coloring wrote:There appears to be a glitch where certain units like Katyusha artillery don't share your color 1which is the typical Wargame style Allied Soviet Color. Meanwhile, ally units do not have any color differentiation. I have to hover over to see their nametags.

Locked Teams Glitch wrote:You can still swap to a full team. Why is that bug still around?

Purchase menu wrote:The ingame purchase bar seems completely glitched. The thing sticks open a lot, so you lose screen real estate fast. It's very hard to close.
Last edited by PzAz04Maus on Wed 27 Mar 2019 23:24, edited 5 times in total.

kvadrat spoon rest
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Initial Impressions

Postby kvadrat spoon rest » Wed 27 Mar 2019 21:40

I don't disagree with any of this. I really like the options for increased availability and I like the new deck building a lot. But those fonts can be really hard to read on some of the backgrounds. Those new ranges will take some time to get used to.

Overall I really like it, though. No regrets about pre-ordering the Total War version.

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Postby PzAz04Maus » Wed 27 Mar 2019 22:00

I'm finding it pretty enjoyable so far, though I'm back to square one, with Allies getting their asses handed to them at range.

Vyllis
Sergeant

Postby Vyllis » Wed 27 Mar 2019 23:09

After my first game i noticed my infantrymen standing still do not have yellow cover.
Did they remove that?

Absolutely agree, for me the UI is a big problem right now.

The colour differentiation when you select something is not strong enough.
I select a unit... then i am not even sure if i selected the good unit... i need zoom close up to select it again to be sure.

Is there any marker to know at first glance which units are in "efficient shot mode" ?
Maybe i missed it but i did not notice anything obvious to help me instead of clicking all my units one by one.

flywolf_war
Private

Postby flywolf_war » Thu 28 Mar 2019 09:59

Unit selection UI contrast is definitely a big problem

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Thu 28 Mar 2019 18:56

What I can tell is that IMO maps that are available are too big for 1V1 play.

Return to “Steel Division 2”