TIME LIMITS?

AdRain
Private First-Class

TIME LIMITS?

Postby AdRain » Fri 29 Mar 2019 20:07

There will be any time limits in game? To be honest, this what we're playing right now is totally non sense. Let's take an example: we're playing conquest 4v4. After 40-60mins only 2 players have some points to still keep on playing, there's impass on a map, or even not one TEAM have more points (like 15vs11). But no both sides can't attack. And even if one team have much more points. Game shows: that game will end in 34340321439205925092 MINS. This is totally crap, people just leaving the game before end, cause noone want to looking on the game for next one hour or even more... to get somehow enemy points. I played several times, and this happen very often. People just leaving the game after around one hour, cause they don't have points... and they just simply can only watch.

I really like your game, don't get me wrong. But you should decide something what to do, how to cut off this boring ends..

KillaJules
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: TIME LIMITS?

Postby KillaJules » Sat 30 Mar 2019 15:46

What Eugen is trying to do is make Phase C matter. In SD44, a player or team could collapse in phase C and get overrun and still win on points by running out the clock. But the solution Eugen went for is tedious and bad, I agree.

Eugen needs to bring back the time limit but change the way victory points are accumulated. Both the winning and losing side should get points but the losing side should get them slower. That way, the difference in victory points between winner and loser wouldn't get too big, games would be too close to call for a longer time and the losing player would find it much easier to crawl their way back from a territory deficit without needing to rely on tedious Phase C spam.

AdRain
Private First-Class

Postby AdRain » Mon 1 Apr 2019 15:19

This is partrtially good solution. In my opinion in phase C, if one team have like.. 2 or 3 objectives more they should start drain enemy points more quickly to avoid this booring ends. Good that developers are fully aware about current situation.

rattusxrattus
First Sergeant

Postby rattusxrattus » Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:39

AdRain wrote: To be honest, this what we're playing right now is totally non sense.

To be honest, if you tactic blitzkrieg and could not win fist 30 min, then surrender. Why do you need a timer to surrender?
The fact that you can win the game, destroying the reserves of the enemy, it's great.

AdRain
Private First-Class

Postby AdRain » Tue 2 Apr 2019 12:44

rattusxrattus wrote:To be honest, if you tactic blitzkrieg and could not win fist 30 min, then surrender. Why do you need a timer to surrender?
The fact that you can win the game, destroying the reserves of the enemy, it's great.

I'm not sure, but if you click surrender you will not get all experience for whole played match. I hope that you was playing this BETA, and you recognized how many people left the match after around 1hr cause they was get bored.

Indeed you are right - i just click exit, cause i don't have 3hr to waiting for some sudden attack cause you was gathering points for 2.5hrs... it;s also funny that you are calling this Blitzkrieg, in fact in this game there's no way for typical blitzkrieg - right now you can run into front with more units.. this isn't blitzkrieg this just rush with more manpower. I will more call it 'russian human wave" xD then Blitzkrieg, but okay... maps are too small for fast maneuvering war.

Elder Forest
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Elder Forest » Wed 3 Apr 2019 00:01

What Eugen is trying to do is make Phase C matter. In SD44, a player or team could collapse in phase C and get overrun and still win on points by running out the clock. But the solution Eugen went for is tedious and bad, I agree.

Somehow they need a system which values the number of capture points held over time multiplied by the number of capture points held at the end of the game (end being defined by the selected time limit)

This way a weaker force that manages to hold enough of the map for long enough despite being overrun in the end could still be given the win - effectively representing a force fighting an effective delaying action, but a stronger force would win if it manages to capture enough of the map quickly enough - representing an effective and decisive offensive.

Return to “Steel Division 2”