APCR

matrin
Command Sergeant Major

Re: APCR

Postby matrin » Tue 16 Apr 2019 21:28

APCR rounds suck, their penetration bonus is not worth the fact that if they pen, they don't kill the tank most of the time. They totally ruin your ambushes if you forget to turn them off to. The T-34-85 44' with the APCR is a unit not worth getting imo.

IS-2
Corporal

Postby IS-2 » Wed 24 Apr 2019 01:05

Rabidnid wrote:The nazis ran low of tungsten very early in the war and stopped production of APCR in late 1942. Why do their forces have it in 1944?

Outside of 50mm APCR for the ageing Panzer III's, I don't think much APCR was around for the Germans in current time frame outside of very small numbers. Every single Panther G was definitely not running around with 4 rounds of APCR, it should be restricted to command /leader unit only IMO. That being said, there was still production of APCR at this time (otherwise PzGr 40/43 would not have existed), just very limited and spread across all guns.

On the other hand the Soviets made so little 85mm APCR that some entire tank corps didn't even have a single round in any of their vehicles. It also shattered a shit ton on impact because it was made like garbage along with all other Soviet APCR. The fact T-34-85's are running around with 4 a piece is pretty nuts considering how little they were given out despite it going into service.

As an aside, I would rather the difference between T-34-85 '43 and '44 go like this:

T-34-85 mod. '43 uses shitty old BR-365A round that shattered on impact against Tiger and Panther, giving it 125mm penetration to reflect this problem. Mod '44 on the other hand gets BR-365K that rectified the issue and has the proper 145mm. Make them both a bit cheaper, boom more authentic and realistic.

Rabidnid
Lieutenant

Postby Rabidnid » Wed 24 Apr 2019 06:32

IS-2 wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:The nazis ran low of tungsten very early in the war and stopped production of APCR in late 1942. Why do their forces have it in 1944?

Outside of 50mm APCR for the ageing Panzer III's, I don't think much APCR was around for the Germans in current time frame outside of very small numbers. Every single Panther G was definitely not running around with 4 rounds of APCR, it should be restricted to command /leader unit only IMO. That being said, there was still production of APCR at this time (otherwise PzGr 40/43 would not have existed), just very limited and spread across all guns.

On the other hand the Soviets made so little 85mm APCR that some entire tank corps didn't even have a single round in any of their vehicles. It also shattered a shit ton on impact because it was made like garbage along with all other Soviet APCR. The fact T-34-85's are running around with 4 a piece is pretty nuts considering how little they were given out despite it going into service.

As an aside, I would rather the difference between T-34-85 '43 and '44 go like this:

T-34-85 mod. '43 uses shitty old BR-365A round that shattered on impact against Tiger and Panther, giving it 125mm penetration to reflect this problem. Mod '44 on the other hand gets BR-365K that rectified the issue and has the proper 145mm. Make them both a bit cheaper, boom more authentic and realistic.

Yeah, the official figures rarely reflect reality. This might also apply to PzGr 40/43 as the nazis spent a lot of time designing things they would never build, 1,500 tonne tanks and 100,000 battleships for two examples.

francisb004
Private

Postby francisb004 » Sun 19 May 2019 05:03

中铁四局 wrote:Am I misinterpreting or 85mm D-5T APCR only has 5% of pen againsta panther tank?

Feels like steel division 1944 again, 240pts firefly get taxi instant gibed by 280pt panther......

this time, 85pts SU-85 or 100pts T-34/85 gets instant gibed by 120pt/140 pantherA/Gs.

Spoiler : :
inferior slavic mud round.png

Hello!
This is my first time here and I just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.
Thanks!

Return to “Steel Division 2”