achtung minen!

caskwine
Staff Sergeant

achtung minen!

Postby caskwine » Fri 19 Apr 2019 03:28

says it all really.

if we can make barbed wire, trenches various bunkers and gun emplacements in the game. we should be able to have mines and mine fields

both sides in ww2 made extensive use of minefields, mixed, anti personel and anti tank fields were often found. can we have such beauties as the german s-mine, teller mines, bar mines and more?especially for infantry divisions??

(also posted in steam forums)

duro909
Lieutenant

Re: achtung minen!

Postby duro909 » Fri 19 Apr 2019 09:16

no
... and Malware-free banner too!

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Fri 19 Apr 2019 09:35

caskwine wrote:says it all really.

if we can make barbed wire, trenches various bunkers and gun emplacements in the game. we should be able to have mines and mine fields

both sides in ww2 made extensive use of minefields, mixed, anti personel and anti tank fields were often found. can we have such beauties as the german s-mine, teller mines, bar mines and more?especially for infantry divisions??

Then you would also need de-mining units and equipment which would increase micro intensiveness which is already on a high level.

Speirs
Private First-Class

Postby Speirs » Fri 19 Apr 2019 23:32

[[/quote]
Then you would also need de-mining units and equipment which would increase micro intensiveness which is already on a high level.[/quote]

excellent analysis

Also I view mines as when my infantry or tank is sneaking out somewhere and it gets obliterated by an enemy unit. A turn based game works good with mines.

caskwine
Staff Sergeant

Postby caskwine » Sun 21 Apr 2019 23:41

praslovan wrote:

Then you would also need de-mining units and equipment which would increase micro intensiveness which is already on a high level.

theres a large number of pioneer, saperi and engineer units already in the game. it shouldn't be too hard to give them an obstacle clearance role.

putting flail tanks, bulldozer tanks and mine plow tanks also wouldn't be too much of a challenge surely

also artillery shuld be able to degrade mine fields in the same way it destroys buildings

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Mon 22 Apr 2019 13:38

caskwine wrote:
praslovan wrote:

theres a large number of pioneer, saperi and engineer units already in the game. it shouldn't be too hard to give them an obstacle clearance role.

putting flail tanks, bulldozer tanks and mine plow tanks also wouldn't be too much of a challenge surely

also artillery shuld be able to degrade mine fields in the same way it destroys buildings

Putting it in is not a problem... microing another gimmicky feature in the game that is already full of them is.

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Postby Destraex » Mon 22 Apr 2019 16:44

praslovan wrote:

Would be good for the campaign though.

Return to “Steel Division 2”