Sherman Firefly neeeds buff

中铁四局
Warrant Officer

Sherman Firefly neeeds buff

Postby 中铁四局 » Mon 10 Jun 2019 17:39

Dear all, This is just a rant post about sherman firefly

Since SD 1944 is the availability of panthers are twice if not thrice as more than shermanfirefly.

And firefly in SD2 is scheisse
Spoiler : :
firefly peashooter.png
firefly peashooter.png (740.29 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Last edited by 中铁四局 on Thu 13 Jun 2019 00:58, edited 3 times in total.
Dear Eugen, Please give T-72BU its iconic red-eye shtora system back! It looks mean and awesome!

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Please increase the availability of Sherman Firefly

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Mon 10 Jun 2019 18:25

We are not modeling armies, but divisions.
And doing so, we are giving each division its exact TO&E, then we're adding some extra units as attachments when we feel it is needed.

A German Panzerdivision had an organic Panther battalion of ~75-80 tanks. Theorically that is, for 20. panzer was missing the Panther battalion entirely (hence none ingame) & although 21. Panzer had the proper number of 2 battalions, the one which should have Panther still had old Panzer IV & Somua by the time the Allied landed in Normandy.
And we're sticking to those numbers.

Now, let's check the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division which had ... no tank. Not one. All of its tanks are attachment from 2nd Canadian Armored Brigade. And in such brigades, Firefly only accounted for under 10% of the total. Which is exactly the ratio of Firefly among the tanks we've attached to 3CID.

core.-
Master Sergeant

Postby core.- » Tue 11 Jun 2019 19:44

In otherwords... If you want to be historically accurate we'll just remove the Firefly's from the 3CID.

But if you're saying the 3CID needs some multiplayer balance love, then you shouldn't post historical figures and just state what the issue is.
Please check out my Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/CoreofexisteNz

For highlights of previous games and matches of Wargame: Red Dragon please check out my videos page on twitch here

中铁四局
Warrant Officer

Postby 中铁四局 » Wed 12 Jun 2019 15:24

core.- wrote:In otherwords... If you want to be historically accurate we'll just remove the Firefly's from the 3CID.

But if you're saying the 3CID needs some multiplayer balance love, then you shouldn't post historical figures and just state what the issue is.

I'm fine with firefly removed from 3CID for historical purpose, but the wehrboo will riot if game reflects too much historical.

All I want to say is sherman firefly got way way too few in numbers compare to panthers.

BUT, you knew, NVM, I don't think I need another peashooter.
Dear Eugen, Please give T-72BU its iconic red-eye shtora system back! It looks mean and awesome!

Coletrain
Staff Sergeant

Re: Sherman Firefly neeeds buff

Postby Coletrain » Sat 15 Jun 2019 07:50

Depending on the map 3rd Canadian feels quite strong, 17-pdrs and 150mm rocket Mosquitos are quite effective at dealing with heavy tanks in most situations.

Return to “Steel Division 2”