Steel Division 2 - Army General solo

Patang01
Private

Steel Division 2 - Army General solo

Postby Patang01 » Sun 23 Jun 2019 19:07

The campaign at this point is almost unplayable. Some of the tactical combat can take a long time, and the inability to save after between tactical combat or even during makes it impossible to finish even a turn. Like yesterday - starting playing around 9AM, unable to save since one side kept attacking, so I had to go to work, leaving one tactical battle mid stream, comes back 7 hours later, finishes that one, have to play 2 more tactical battles and 2.30AM in the morning the game crashes. Before I could finish the turn and save.

That is a lot of wasted time for not being able to finish one turn. Mind you, that is probably the 3rd time that I started the Orsha campaign and couldn't finish. The first couple of times I was playing around with functionality and tried to learn the system. This third time however I had a much better understanding.

I am now in the same predicament - I started this morning, had to fight 2 grueling initial tactical battles and now there's a third one before I can save and I have to go to work for 8 hours, then come home and hope it's the last before being able to save; or - that it doesn't crash.

My suggestion is this - add a save feature and fast. Between tactical battles or in tactical battles. Both would be tremendously useful. Or I'm going to have to shelve this game until it is functional again. I don't feel like wasting what little time I have on essentially playing the first day over and over. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels the same. Don't get me wrong; other than a few bugs, stuck menues at times and other quirks - it is a great game with a compelling campaign that adds several layers of strategic and tactical complexity.

Finally - maybe figure out a way to save fortifications layout on specific map. It's tedious and consuming to place the same fortifications down again. Having a fortification template for specific maps would save time. It is unlikely I will repeat a non function layout and it is likely I will use something again that worked.

Raph_VR
Private First-Class

Re: Steel Division 2 - Army General solo

Postby Raph_VR » Sun 23 Jun 2019 23:58

You can Quick save with F5 at any time

purplehayz
Private First-Class

Postby purplehayz » Mon 24 Jun 2019 00:55

I'm on the same boat my man, besides army general is bugged as hell, so save feature is essential, either way im keeping my hands off the game until its fixed, its sad really because this game is one of its kind but as it stands, well, its unplayable.

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Postby Destraex » Mon 24 Jun 2019 01:28

I have been playing naval action. But it's a good thing as my friend tried the campaign last night in sd2 and it crashed three times in his first night.

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Mon 24 Jun 2019 08:03

Patang01 wrote:The campaign at this point is almost unplayable. Some of the tactical combat can take a long time, and the inability to save after between tactical combat or even during makes it impossible to finish even a turn. Like yesterday - starting playing around 9AM, unable to save since one side kept attacking, so I had to go to work, leaving one tactical battle mid stream, comes back 7 hours later, finishes that one, have to play 2 more tactical battles and 2.30AM in the morning the game crashes. Before I could finish the turn and save.

That is a lot of wasted time for not being able to finish one turn. Mind you, that is probably the 3rd time that I started the Orsha campaign and couldn't finish. The first couple of times I was playing around with functionality and tried to learn the system. This third time however I had a much better understanding.

I am now in the same predicament - I started this morning, had to fight 2 grueling initial tactical battles and now there's a third one before I can save and I have to go to work for 8 hours, then come home and hope it's the last before being able to save; or - that it doesn't crash.

My suggestion is this - add a save feature and fast. Between tactical battles or in tactical battles. Both would be tremendously useful. Or I'm going to have to shelve this game until it is functional again. I don't feel like wasting what little time I have on essentially playing the first day over and over. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels the same. Don't get me wrong; other than a few bugs, stuck menues at times and other quirks - it is a great game with a compelling campaign that adds several layers of strategic and tactical complexity.

Finally - maybe figure out a way to save fortifications layout on specific map. It's tedious and consuming to place the same fortifications down again. Having a fortification template for specific maps would save time. It is unlikely I will repeat a non function layout and it is likely I will use something again that worked.

You can always increase speed to end tactical battle faster
But generaly agree and also with other suggestions.
... and Malware-free banner too!

Raph_VR
Private First-Class

Postby Raph_VR » Mon 24 Jun 2019 12:13

You can save with F5 at any moment (in strategic or tactical map)

Return to “Steel Division 2”