Unit balancing.

FONFALKS
Private First-Class

Unit balancing.

Postby FONFALKS » Tue 25 Jun 2019 16:02

I wrote about this in general discussion, but after game i just had now i would like to point this out again.
Units are as unbalanced as can be. Developers, you have made truly good game, concept is really good, graphics, you have strategy AND combat, game is truly amazing for us strategy game lovers, but PLEASE balance units within the realm of reasonable.
RUSSIAN 37 MM ANTI AIR ARTY CAN NOT TANK DAMAGE FROM 3 PANTHERS FOR SO LONG THAT 1 PANTHER PANICS!!! THIS CAN NOT HAPPEN.
SU 76 can not, i repeat can not survive multiple hits from Panther(s). Not one (ok lets say Panther missed) not two (ok lets say Panther missed again, very bad crew) not 3(now it is in realm of pure luck) but 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 10 shot and even more.
I could go on about this regarding infantry, heavy machine guns on all sorts of platforms etc. This kind of balancing takes away from game and just turns it in to pure fantasy RNG based nonsense, which is fine if you want to play world of warcraft, but not ww2 game.
Please revalue how units take damage from different sources. For example if infantry is in trenches, then sure it can take very low amount of damage from tank guns/machine guns, but not in open field!!!

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Re: Unit balancing.

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 25 Jun 2019 21:58

I've never seen a soft target take more than one hit, 3 panthers would melt an AA truck.

Also depending on where it was hit, and with what, an SU-76 could certainly survive a hit from a panther.

Also, if you're struggling to take down anything as a German armoured brigade, you might want to sit down and re-think your strategy.

FONFALKS
Private First-Class

Postby FONFALKS » Wed 26 Jun 2019 14:23

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:I've never seen a soft target take more than one hit, 3 panthers would melt an AA truck.

Also depending on where it was hit, and with what, an SU-76 could certainly survive a hit from a panther.

Also, if you're struggling to take down anything as a German armoured brigade, you might want to sit down and re-think your strategy.

I have seen REGULARLY soft targets take 5 and more and in some cases even more then 10 hits, in some cases they take 5 6 7 8 9 hits, panic, move in woods, then after a while come out to take another 4 5 6 hits from tanks. It is just ABSURD.
And no SU 76 is light SPG and would usually get 1 max 2 shot from Panther or in fact any medium tank.
And do not tell me what i am struggling with - soft targets tanking 3 tanks is IDIOTIC and should never happen.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 27 Jun 2019 20:12

I've never seen a soft target survive 2 shots, yet alone 10 shots, I think your telling porkies.

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Fri 28 Jun 2019 22:01

replay or it didn't happen.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Fri 28 Jun 2019 22:57

Suchka is a very lightly armoured vehicle. Panter's gun is a high velocity gun... unless you score a crit you can kinda imagine rounds literally just passing through doing no damage except obviously holes.
Yeah a far fetched argument but still...

FONFALKS
Private First-Class

Postby FONFALKS » Sun 30 Jun 2019 00:35

praslovan wrote:Suchka is a very lightly armoured vehicle. Panter's gun is a high velocity gun... unless you score a crit you can kinda imagine rounds literally just passing through doing no damage except obviously holes.

Let me paint a picture for you - even if this shell will avoid ammunition (if not ammunition in SU 76 will explode and you will not even have bodies of crew for funeral), even if it would avoid engine (in which case it would light up like a candle or at least stop working) even if that shell avoided any vital organs of any crew member (we are now entering lottery odds territory) it would still injure crew (shell flying with such speed would create small shrapnel from everything it touched inside starting with inside wall of armor) to the point that they would seriously consider bailing out, especially knowing that where there was one shell (means they are seen by enemy) there soon will be another, since in this scenario SU 76 did neither explode or burn (absolute majority outcome for it in normal situation) and even if crew is a bunch of heroic mad lads, next shell which would come in about 8 - 10 seconds (on assumption there is only 1 panther) would for sure kill them all, because you do not get to win 2 lotteries....
Last edited by varis on Sat 6 Jul 2019 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attacks

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Sun 30 Jun 2019 16:40

FONFALKS wrote:
praslovan wrote:Suchka is a very lightly armoured vehicle. Panter's gun is a high velocity gun... unless you score a crit you can kinda imagine rounds literally just passing through doing no damage except obviously holes.

I suppose it is futile to argue on internet with people who think that shell passing thru SU 76 with speed at about 900 meters per second will do no damage to it or to the crew and will "just leave a hole" . I mean to have such ideas speaks volumes about person who would come up with this idea and not finding it absurd would even share it on internet.

Let me paint a picture for you - even if this shell will avoid ammunition (if not ammunition in SU 76 will explode and you will not even have bodies of crew for funeral), even if it would avoid engine (in which case it would light up like a candle or at least stop working) even if that shell avoided any vital organs of any crew member (we are now entering lottery odds territory) it would still injure crew (shell flying with such speed would create small shrapnel from everything it touched inside starting with inside wall of armor) to the point that they would seriously consider bailing out, especially knowing that where there was one shell (means they are seen by enemy) there soon will be another, since in this scenario SU 76 did neither explode or burn (absolute majority outcome for it in normal situation) and even if crew is a bunch of heroic mad lads, next shell which would come in about 8 - 10 seconds (on assumption there is only 1 panther) would for sure kill them all, because you do not get to win 2 lotteries....

TL;DR m8

there is a reason Soviets didn't use a T34 with a zis2 like gun at the beginning of the war even though they had the capacity to produce them. They found out that the rounds simply went through those Skoda tanks and didn't really do much in a lot of cases.

Maniek
Private First-Class

Postby Maniek » Mon 1 Jul 2019 13:29

I'm honestly suprised, it doesn't even take 10 hits to take down marder with ptrd... and they are only at rifles ;) imho, someone isn't perfectly honest here ;)

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Sat 6 Jul 2019 10:18

FONFALKS wrote:Let me give you one simple advice - do not talk about things you have no knowledge or understanding about. I already explained to you how utterly absurd your "just left a hole and did not do anything" notion is, but if you still are unable or unwilling to understand this, i have nothing else to say to you.

k m8
"just left a hole"... means that tank was not knocked out and is still operational enough to be in fighting condition. Kinda happens if you shoot a very fast and very solid round through a very thin sheet of metal.

Return to “Steel Division 2”