Army General - Can't attack ?

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Army General - Can't attack ?

Postby silverhaze » Sun 30 Jun 2019 23:37

I bought the game for the Army general game mode, which, despite lacking ingame tuts, is already amazing.
However (and I searched answers in vain, in both video tutorial and text manual) :

Why can't I launch an battle on some nearby enemy divisions, despite having plenty of action points, fresh troops/tanks, and beeing reeeally close to them ? (so close that i'm litteraly stepping on their toes)

AI has no problem attacking each turn, but for some reason, i can only engage about 1/3 or 1/4 of the battles i would like to engage, despite having enough action points, so what am I missing here ?

Thanks by advance for enlightning me on the requiered conditions to be able to engage enemy forces at will!

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Army General - Can't attack ?

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 3 Jul 2019 02:00

silverhaze wrote:Why can't I launch an battle on some nearby enemy divisions, despite having plenty of action points, fresh troops/tanks, and beeing reeeally close to them ?

You can't launch an attack when all your battalions available in A (those which will be able to initiate the battle) are support battalions. You can identify those by the fact that they appear like that: A*
Could that be your case?

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby silverhaze » Sat 6 Jul 2019 17:35

It is very possible, i will then pay attention to the * !
Thanks for the answer MadMat.

If you guys are working on some ingame tutorials/Tips, to help new players in Army General mode, then a good move would be to emphasis this in those tutorials/tips.

If that was mentionned in the A.G. gamemode guide, then I missed it, despite I printed the website version of it :oops:

Bonne chance et bonne continuation a vous pour les updates et hotfix de ce nouvel opus!

Dumbledood
Private

Postby Dumbledood » Mon 8 Jul 2019 06:14

I think I'm having the same issue, but it could be different.

After reading this, I checked to make sure I wasn't trying to use A* support units, but when I click on my division that I want to attack with, and select the enemy division, no A, B, or C phase order indicators appear to begin with.

Below are a couple of pictures (while taking the screenshot, I accidentally hit control + c, v, or x and those bars appeared beneath the uni, I don't know why), they don't show a ton of info, just that the division I have selected to attack is "out of range" despite having at least 2 action point and breathing on them.

Hopefully we can get this figured out. :)

https://imgur.com/a/xJLSQ3T

Return to “Steel Division 2”