Hi Everyone

AndersPZ
Private

Hi Everyone

Postby AndersPZ » Thu 4 Jul 2019 14:51

I absolutely love this game. I have played all the Wargame series and I own SD1 but did not play it too much.

I am getting my ass handed to me nearly every time in quick matches - I usually suffer a narrow defeat/minor defeat.

However I still think this game is fantastic!

Look forward to meeting you on the field.

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

praslovan
Major-General

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby praslovan » Sat 6 Jul 2019 10:38

AndersPZ wrote:I absolutely love this game. I have played all the Wargame series and I own SD1 but did not play it too much.

I am getting my ass handed to me nearly every time in quick matches - I usually suffer a narrow defeat/minor defeat.

However I still think this game is fantastic!

Look forward to meeting you on the field.

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Use AT guns with efficient shot and apcr disabled for the most part. Understand the maps and where to place your initial front-line. Don't be too aggressive yet being too tame will get you nowhere.
Flags are more important than how much territory the front-line envelops. Don't overspend on artillery or expensive tanks at the beginning.
For the most part in A and early B you will be fighting infantry and lightly armoured vehicles, so prepare your counters accordingly.

Speed is of the essence at the very beginning yet having a squad take a position too far ahead so that your main force can't reinforce them in any way can be problematic... unless you suicide a squad to delay your enemy in reaching their positions because you want to get there first.

You can place down move orders and actually queue them up as well already in the deployment phase. To see what you did select a unit and press shift, it will tell you what order queue they have.

If they hit you with an IS2 or a Tiger already in phase A, try to ignore it as much as possible and don't overspend on countering it if you don't have a solid counter. Meaning, don't throw infantry and Stuarts at them, try to ambush.

Don't overspend on planes in A unless you know they are a good counter. AA guns are very efficient against infantry and vehicles.

Speed of transports matter especially in phase A and for later quick response in case of enemy breakthroughs.

On the other hand, a half-track or two are quite useful in supporting your inf if they have mounted MG.

1v1s and 2v2s or up play differently. 1v1s are less spam oriented.
Mortars are useful, however it almost never pays off to bring 4 of them (or any in fact) form the very beginning.
Field support guns (the direct LoS ones in support tab) are rather useful to clear inf and in some cases even to kill vehicles and lightly armoured tanks.

Bring recon.

Return to “Steel Division 2”