German AA seems overtuned.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

German AA seems overtuned.

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 22 Aug 2019 23:15

It may just be me, but I feel that German AA seems very much overtuned at this point.

Especially multi-barreled 20mm ones, they seem to just melt planes and infantry in almost an instant, I've had YaK's die to a single one flakverling in less than a second. 20mm AA and scout cars seem to just absolutely Tokyo drift though cities and just not care about infantry fire either.

Also, are .50's working on AA properly? I'm never able to get the M2's to fire upon planes.

Miskyavine
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: German AA seems overtuned.

Postby Miskyavine » Fri 23 Aug 2019 04:06

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:It may just be me, but I feel that German AA seems very much overtuned at this point.

Especially multi-barreled 20mm ones, they seem to just melt planes and infantry in almost an instant, I've had YaK's die to a single one flakverling in less than a second. 20mm AA and scout cars seem to just absolutely Tokyo drift though cities and just not care about infantry fire either.

Also, are .50's working on AA properly? I'm never able to get the M2's to fire upon planes.
I havent even been flying planes anymore as AA globally is just insane but German AA is way more powerfull.

The .50s on tanks have really low range
How i feel when reading the OFF TOPIC section of the forums http://imgur.com/gallery/t9IXqDs

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 24 Aug 2019 02:31

Miskyavine wrote:The .50s on tanks have really low range

Seems the quad/dual fifties are almost non-functioning on AA trucks too, it seems to just be stuck at aiming.

IronHat
Corporal

Postby IronHat » Sun 25 Aug 2019 06:25

only the quad 20mm is overpowered. the single 20mm is actually kind of anemic and the 37mm seems ok.

Of course, every decent players knows this and I believe every deck have access to some kind of quad 20mm.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 27 Aug 2019 06:45

IronHat wrote:only the quad 20mm is overpowered. the single 20mm is actually kind of anemic and the 37mm seems ok.

Of course, every decent players knows this and I believe every deck have access to some kind of quad 20mm.

I admit I don't see them used as AA, but the single 20mm is pretty nice at mulching though infantry.

Both 37mm on both sides seem like hot garbo.

IronHat
Corporal

Postby IronHat » Fri 30 Aug 2019 03:18

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
IronHat wrote:only the quad 20mm is overpowered. the single 20mm is actually kind of anemic and the 37mm seems ok.

I admit I don't see them used as AA, but the single 20mm is pretty nice at mulching though infantry.

Both 37mm on both sides seem like hot garbo.

on the flip side, airplanes have been getting increasingly steady nerf as well. Most of the time I'm scared of airplane is because a cannon-at plane is heading for my expensive tanks.

the quad 20mm feels like it's still balanced against the old planes, whom can decimate ground force with just strafing runs.

Another thing I notice is how plane are often shoot down while evacing. Maybe if evacing plane receive defensive and speed bonus against ground fire while evacing.

Return to “Steel Division 2”