So... Projectiles in flight just disappear after loading save? Also AAA targeting behavior.

mmm
Private

So... Projectiles in flight just disappear after loading save? Also AAA targeting behavior.

Postby mmm » Fri 23 Aug 2019 19:16

No, I'm not talking artillery shells. Despite not displaying they do still exist after loading game and that's fine by me.

It's quite clear though that AP shells mid flight when saved do not after loading. It's most noticeable when a shot is clearly on the trajectory to hit when saved, and goes on to kill the target when you continue the session.It seems to still deal suppression but will never hit or penetrate if you load the said save. AA guns also appears to suffer from the same, the rounds mid flight after loading still makes splatter and cause suppression, but none seem to connect with the target or deal damage. I'm not able to look into small arms or infantry AT weapons but I guess it's not unreasonable to investigate that as well.

AA guns simply can't be ordered to target specific air target. Either it's self propelled and starts moving for unknown reasons(against target already in range) when ordered to attack, greatly diminishing its accuracy; or it's a towed piece and will become undeployed(presumably so it can carry out the movement), thus not being able to fire at all.

Return to “Steel Division 2”