The AI after the Smart Orders/Vistula updates

TYPEZERO
Private First-Class

The AI after the Smart Orders/Vistula updates

Postby TYPEZERO » Fri 15 Nov 2019 21:57

Devs please read and act. After the Smart Orders/Vistula updates the Steel AI has been seriously imparied: before it was a challenge playing solo on Medium against certain battlegroups; now the ability to fight to fight seems to have gone completely out of the AI - Please fix it and get it back to its original state. This is extra important as Steel Division 2 is very much a single player game because there are so few people to play against online, and most times it is so hard to find a decent game online.

Thnx, TZ

FONFALKS
Private First-Class

Re: The AI after the Smart Orders/Vistula updates

Postby FONFALKS » Sun 17 Nov 2019 23:29

I wonder about that. I play only as Germany and it is super super easy to defend, however i have tried to attack few times, i am just enraged by how idiotically hard it is. Sure i could have won those attacks, but loses and sheer stupidity of game mechanics was just too much and i would just quit mid battle.
Attacking in actual battle not strategically is ultra hard vs AI and i play on medium setting. I have not even bother trying to attack entrenched battalions, i go for weak arty battalions and try to bombard all help to them, but man it is hard. Maybe i have unrealistic expectations of winning with very little casualties, but i just can not take this stupidity.

TYPEZERO
Private First-Class

Postby TYPEZERO » Tue 19 Nov 2019 17:28

Trust me - it has changed! I've played a loto of solo games, and I tried to find the "ideal" German battlegroup; the closest I got to this was a group based on the 352th Inf. Div. I could win with this against any Soviet division on all the maps I tried, except on "Ostrowno" on Medium difficulty or harder. No matter how hard I tried I could not beat the 84th Guards Riffles with 352th Inf. Div on Medium dif. on this map.

That was before the upgrades I was talking about. After these upgrades I could easily beat the 84th G. R. with my 352th I. D. on Medium dif. - I mean very easily.

The AI has definitely changed to the worse, and one of its new, bad, characteristics is that it seems to hold good units back for a very long time (on Medium), if it ever manage to commit them before having lost the game.

I wonder why no developer has responded to this thread, or to the similar ones I have posted on the same topic(?)

Cheers, TZ

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Postby Destraex » Fri 29 Nov 2019 15:15

I notice the AI is not as much of a challenge either in skirmish mode. But before it was insane because it did not really act like a human opponent, being able to do 10 things at once. You would lose units before you could even change to that side of the map.

Now I think the AI is not such a huge rusher and seems more real though. Before it would just keep up the pressure by simply pouring massive amounts of units at you.

Good news is the AI is now moddable?

jonhgalt
Private

Postby jonhgalt » Mon 2 Dec 2019 20:49

¿havent u consireded that is possible they nerfed normal AI, and improved hard and very hard AI? i have hear a lot people complaning about how hard even normal IA was. Maybe they just make it easier in order to make normal, really normal, hard, harder, and very hard insane hard.

Return to “Steel Division 2”