Will DL Content Ever be Moddable?

lastcrusade101
Sergeant First-Class

Will DL Content Ever be Moddable?

Postby lastcrusade101 » Tue 10 Mar 2020 07:09

Pretty self explanatory. I remember reading in 2017(!!!!!) that DLC weren't yet available to mod, which I simply nodded along to and promptly forgot. 3 whole ass years later, I pick up the game on sale only to find that the best mods, like Red Storm, have no DLC content in them, since as far as I can tell, all the DLC content is still unmoddable. Has Eugen said anything about this being permanent? I can't understand the decision to make only part of the game moddable, especially since up until now everything was free to change. What's going on?
120 Smooth-bore > 120 Rifled

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Will DL Content Ever be Moddable?

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 10 Mar 2020 14:21

Is that question related to SD:44 or SD2? Not sure it is in the proper forum ...

In any case, DLC content can't be made moddable, for the first thing anyone would do would be to create an "unlocked" mod.
We'd like to make it moddable in the future, but right now we can't and it is unfortunately not on our priority list.

Mikestriken
Private

Postby Mikestriken » Wed 10 Jun 2020 06:25

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Is that question related to SD:44 or SD2? Not sure it is in the proper forum ...

In any case, DLC content can't be made moddable, for the first thing anyone would do would be to create an "unlocked" mod.
We'd like to make it moddable in the future, but right now we can't and it is unfortunately not on our priority list.

No, it is as there is no thread for both SD:44 and SD2 combined and SD2 is the latest (most relevant) release, so I would say this is in the correct forum :)

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 19 Jun 2020 12:13

We're working as we speak on making SD2 DLCs moddable.
We think we have a solution, but it has to be tested now.

Return to “Steel Division 2”