Wishlist of new stuff for Steel Division 2

biffothebear69
Private

Wishlist of new stuff for Steel Division 2

Postby biffothebear69 » Fri 28 Aug 2020 16:36

I love the game greatly but there are somethings that would make this great game even better. I have listed below my wish list below.

Minefields. These could be deployed as part of the defence options that you deploy at the start of the game like barbed wire. Minefields were used a lot in russia especially at Kursk so historically correct and missing from the game. Eugen could limit the number of deployments of minefields so as to reduce their effectiveness and overall impact on the game.

Mine clearance vehicles - If you have minefields then you got to have mine clearance vehicles such as the Sherman Crab, Valentine Scorpion or the Matilda Scorpion Mk 1.

Paratroopers - These could be deployed as part of the aircraft option. The planes would drop paratroopers on a spot as opposed to dropping bombs. Again Eugen could limit the number of deployments of paratroopers so as to reduce their effectiveness and overall impact on the game. The Soviet Fourth Airborne Corps were used in the russia campaign who dropped into battle so again historically correct and missing from the game. Some interesting planes could be added Junker Ju 322 and 52 , Lisunov Li-2 and Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle.

I think both options are new and would add something different to the game as opposed to just creating lots of different divisions with different units as Eugen are currently doing which I am a fan of. What do you think fellow SS2 gamers and Eugen?

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Re: Wishlist of new stuff for Steel Division 2

Postby Destraex » Thu 10 Sep 2020 11:37

Paratroopers - Eugen have confirmed with all the Wargame and steel division series they will not do it because it is unrealistic. Having said that, I don't think it's entirely unrealistic considering the Germans did do combat drops as did the allies. But people would not use it because the game should ensure that combat drops are costly in terms of casualties. But in terms of Eastern front. I am not aware of any combat drops.

I wanted bridging operations as well but it would take half the game under fire, would be pretty pointless unless in a campaign. Just the option would have been fun though. All engineering vehicles would have been. As Eugen like to say (madmat where are you) "flavour".
Eugen will not allow bridge destruction because it would ruin balance. But what of realism then?

As for mine layers and clearers. Very realistic. Should be in but again Eugen would probably think it would slow the game down. I think it would be fine in their defensive mode games.

I would like to see the ability to drop defensive structures in both closer and normal map modes as well.

More than any of these things though, I would want more maps. Especially maps that are different to the ones we have already. That means mountains that are not just plateaus. Maybe mud and ice effects that affect units. Rain and storms that create mud.

More points options would be nice for game modes as well. So we can play the way we want.

Bring on the map making mod tools!

Hoowin
Private

Postby Hoowin » Tue 6 Oct 2020 00:29

When are trollers going to get banned lmfao, I've seen multiple people in 10v10s TK other units and its time Eugen adds a reporting system and stamp these guys down!

GhandiKC
Private

Postby GhandiKC » Wed 28 Oct 2020 01:10

Minefields and Minesweepers would add a layer to the game.

Paratroopers would be fun and goofy.

I would like to see some way to create scenarios similar to what's available in SD2 and SD'44. Custom deployment areas, custom reinforcement lanes, custom objectives (designate certain areas to be take, place flags, destruction points, area like in SD'44) and be able to mix and match those objectives in a game. For instance the Germans might need to hold a certain area, while inflicting so many losses (destruction points) upon the Soviets. Whereas the Soviets need to just take as much land as they can get.

I would also like to see Co-op Army General. Our group has been awaiting this release since it was announced.

ToXeR
Private

Postby ToXeR » Sat 14 Nov 2020 02:28

Army General two separate aircraft support slots for fighter cover and for CAS. Or a simple possibility to "attach" air units to the upcoming battle without taking any slot (like in Red Dragon). I dream about this feature :roll:
Army General is a great mode overall, but the fact that I have to choose between arty brigade, fighter cover or CAS confuses and discourages me every time. Why can't we have it all? :lol: This feature will not hurt both realism and gamedesign, because deck constructor allow us to combine these support units as we like.
Maybe its possible to mod it somehow?

Return to “Steel Division 2”