Lack of AA in AG and saving games.

reef75
Private

Lack of AA in AG and saving games.

Postby reef75 » Wed 26 Jun 2019 07:37

Loving the game so far. However i would love to see a few organic AA guns added to formations. There are some entire regiments including staff without a single AA piece. Its allowing aircraft to loiter way too long. Given you bring the entire squadron to a battle it can severely impact the game. No risk bombing especially against artillery is too effective given you need units to last a campaign not just 1 battle. Just feel when you bring air its too much power.
Saving games is less of an issue given i can quick save a few seconds before a game ends. Its just inconvenient not to be able to save on the campaign map between Ai initiated battles.
Keep up the good work !!

Guggy
General

Re: Lack of AA in AG and saving games.

Postby Guggy » Wed 3 Jul 2019 04:49

I fully agree. Nothing crazy of course, but some quad Maxims for Soviets and 20mms for Germany would definitely not go amiss. But the absolute best case would be allowing us to split aviation wings somehow so you could send a half dozen fighters to cover an area etc rather than the whole stack at once.

thor85
Private

Re: Lack of AA in AG and saving games.

Postby thor85 » Thu 18 Jul 2019 11:30

Guggy wrote:I fully agree. Nothing crazy of course, but some quad Maxims for Soviets and 20mms for Germany would definitely not go amiss. But the absolute best case would be allowing us to split aviation wings somehow so you could send a half dozen fighters to cover an area etc rather than the whole stack at once.

I completely agree on both comments.

Indeed, my best case would be fighters/bombers not counting as one of the three regiments allowed in a battle. I see them more as an "extra"

I don't know how it actually words, but the AI seems to count the air wings as regular units when assessing the chances of winning a battle. This might lead to some weird situations. Yesterday, I had the AI attacking me with one undermanned regiment + 2 air wings against 3 of my fully-equiped infantry regiments. Needless to say that I wiped them out easily during phase B, once my land superiority became evident. The attack made no sense at all.

Return to “General Discussions”