Corporal

Re: Computer crash during play???

Postby Matsuru » Sun 30 Sep 2012 19:18

I have the same problem,nobody seems to have an answer :cry:

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Sun 30 Sep 2012 19:49

Matsuru. You already have your question in your own thread.

Please wait until Monday for a reply.

Thanks.

Korangar
Private First-Class

Postby Korangar » Mon 8 Oct 2012 21:58

I am also experiencing problems during play. It is the same issue as OP, computer freezes and I get the soundloop.

My system consists of:

Asus p6t V2.0 deluxe
Corsair H50
I7-920 @3,0Ghz
Asus radeon HD 7970 Direct CU Top II
16GB ram Corsair Dominator @ 1600Hz

I am using the onboard soundcard which in device manager is named only as "High definition audio device"
And of course I can also use the Graphics card as a soundcard, but I lack the correct outputs to use that device as a defautl sounddevice.

It freezes randomly, the longest I have been able to play before a system freeze is about 45 minutes.
I Also read in a different forum that disabling dx11 and use dx9 was a possible solution. Have not tested yet since I am trying to find different solutions. The problem is believed to be an issue with the onboard audio device, I experienced the same when playing battlefield bad company 2 with an asus radeon hd 6870 card a year back.

Any solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated, I have tried disabling the onboard audiodevice, and it seemed to work. But of course it lacked the sound which is a big part of the game imo, so that sucks a little tbh. :P

EDIT:
I just tried disabling dx11 and running the game in dx9, that seemed to work and I was able to play through a whole mission. So the problem must lie within the graphics engine, or is it still a compability issue with the onboard sound device and the digital audio ouputs on the graphic-card?

GildasfromFocus
Website administrator

Postby GildasfromFocus » Tue 9 Oct 2012 11:57

What is your antivirus/firewall?

Korangar
Private First-Class

Postby Korangar » Tue 9 Oct 2012 19:14

GildasfromFocus wrote:What is your antivirus/firewall?

I am running MSE, and the default windows firewall.

FocusTechSupport
Website administrator

Postby FocusTechSupport » Wed 10 Oct 2012 10:18

Please exclude the folder Wargame European Escalation from Microsoft Security Essentials scanning:

1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials and click the Settings tab.
2. Click 'Excluded files & locations' on the left then click the Add button on the right and select the folder Wargame European Escalation.
3. By default Wargame EE is installed in the Local Disk (C:), Program Files or Program Files (x86), Steam, SteamApps then common.
4. Once the folder Wargame European Escalation added, click Save changes button to confirm then close Microsoft Security Essentials.
5. Run the game.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM

Korangar
Private First-Class

Postby Korangar » Wed 10 Oct 2012 19:45

FocusTechSupport wrote:Please exclude the folder Wargame European Escalation from Microsoft Security Essentials scanning:

1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials and click the Settings tab.
2. Click 'Excluded files & locations' on the left then click the Add button on the right and select the folder Wargame European Escalation.
3. By default Wargame EE is installed in the Local Disk (C:), Program Files or Program Files (x86), Steam, SteamApps then common.
4. Once the folder Wargame European Escalation added, click Save changes button to confirm then close Microsoft Security Essentials.
5. Run the game.

I tried that, and it still froze after around 9,5 minutes. I still believe it has to do with the graphic card and the onboard sounddevice.
Do you guys at the studio, by any chance have a motherboard with a onboard sound device and a HD Radeon 7970 card, so you might be able to run any tests?

It is the same problem as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzg6b8kzW88 Sadly this is a completly different game as you will see, but it is mainly to give you a hint of what happens.

FocusTechSupport
Website administrator

Postby FocusTechSupport » Thu 11 Oct 2012 09:33

Please run the game in order to reproduce the problem then:

1. Click Windows Start button or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type MSINFO32 in the Search bar (bottom left) or in the Open box and press Enter key.
3. Click File then Export.
4. Save the report somewhere convenient like the Desktop (you have to be able to find it).
5. Right mouse click the report and click Send To.
6. Click Compressed (zipped) folder then Yes button.

Please send the report in attachment to our technical support: support@wargame-ee.com
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM

Furios
Sergeant Major

Postby Furios » Thu 11 Oct 2012 11:01

@ Korangar.
Hello,
What are your overclocking settings? (voltage, BCLK, multiplier, etc ...).
What is the revision of the CPU? (C0 or D0).
What are the temperatures of the CPU and the graphics card in game?
About 16GB of RAM, you have 4x4Go?
About the internal sound card on the motherboard, is SoundMax ADI ® AD2000B: Official Support Asus.
Cordially.

Korangar
Private First-Class

Postby Korangar » Thu 11 Oct 2012 19:10

[EUG]Furios wrote:@ Korangar.
Hello,
What are your overclocking settings? (voltage, BCLK, multiplier, etc ...).
What is the revision of the CPU? (C0 or D0).
What are the temperatures of the CPU and the graphics card in game?
About 16GB of RAM, you have 4x4Go?
About the internal sound card on the motherboard, is SoundMax ADI ® AD2000B: Official Support Asus.
Cordially.

I reset the BIOS setting to default a couple of days ago just to check if that was the issue, but it still froze. I have been running stress-tests on GPU, CPU and RAM using FurMark, Unigen heaven, Prime95 and memtest. I ran all those tests individually and I didn't encounter any irregularities when concudting them. My CPU maxed at 70 Celsius after 12 hours, my GPU maxed at 70 celsius and my RAM was stable.

However, I have bought a dedicated soundcard today and played through a mission the lastet about 1.5 hours without any freezes. Will test more and report back to tell you if that has fixed the problem. For your information the soundcard is a cheap Asus Xonar DGX PCIe card.