Linux beta bug reports

adderx99
Private

Re: Linux beta bug reports

Postby adderx99 » Fri 1 Feb 2013 16:56

Thanks for the beta invite :D
I hope to repay this kindness with a few issues to report.

Issue #1 I'm getting an odd white bar to the right of the cursor icon. I'll add a screenshot later if needed.
Issue #2 Steam provides a multiplayer key upon startup. There's an option to 'copy to clipboard', however in-game Control-P (Paste) doesn't work. I'm going to have to type it in manually after writing it down. Ugh.
Issue #3 The audio pan (left-right) seems to be reversed when ordering units around. They are clearly to the left of my screen from the camera perspective, however I hear the voice emotes from my right ear in headphones.
Issue #4 Changing the video settings (set everything from mid (autodetect)) to high and hitting apply during a mission caused a buffer overrun. I tried to ssh into the box to see what was going on, but the system was unresponsive and I had to hard-reset. I re-entered the game and attempted to change the settings again, and it seemed to stick when I changed each item one by one. (non-repeatable error, sorry)
Last edited by adderx99 on Fri 1 Feb 2013 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Mawww
Sergeant

Postby Mawww » Fri 1 Feb 2013 17:00

johndrinkwater: we use -march=core2 at the moment, I'll prepare binaries using -march=generic, that should fix the problem on you machine.

bull3t
Private First-Class

Postby bull3t » Fri 1 Feb 2013 17:06

same johndrinkwater's report for me; game crashes just after Focus/Eugen intro movies; no useful infos in terminal/strace/dbg but "trap invalid opcode" in dmesg:

Code: Select all

traps: Wargame[3524] trap invalid opcode ip:85efd8e sp:ffb0aa20 error:0 in Wargame[8048000+25ca000]

My rig contains an AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core Processor.

Sload
Private

Postby Sload » Fri 1 Feb 2013 19:19

I also got the keyboard layout bug. I'm using a QWERTY keyboard on Ubuntu 12.04 with KDE 4.9.5. Had no problem entering my account info, but using or remapping shortcuts the game thinks I'm using a AZERTY layout.

dpc
Private

Postby dpc » Fri 1 Feb 2013 19:31

Game works fine on my setup. I haven't experienced any crashes or apparent bugs yet. However it seems to me that the display of units is wrong sometimes. They look completely black at some points. Maybe this is because I'm running at something around MID video settings. Or this might be a problem of my Catalyst 13.2beta3 drivers.

d10sfan
Corporal

Postby d10sfan » Fri 1 Feb 2013 19:52

Just played it and it worked great! Messed around in skirmish for a bit, and then did a couple minutes of the first mission so far. Going to play some more soon, but so far so good! Been enjoying the gameplay alot so far too, great replacement for me for World in Conflict (and the MW mod)

Only problem I've seen so far is that paste command (Ctrl+V) dosen't work, which makes the serial key hard to put in. I was able to create an account by manually typing in the key though.

I'm running Linux Mint 14 64-bit with a Nvidia GTX 460 card, on the 313.09 drivers. Running the game on medium, with one change, setting the render reduction to none, and it runs really smooth.
Last edited by d10sfan on Fri 1 Feb 2013 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Fri 1 Feb 2013 19:54

dpc wrote:Game works fine on my setup. I haven't experienced any crashes or apparent bugs yet. However it seems to me that the display of units is wrong sometimes. They look completely black at some points. Maybe this is because I'm running at something around MID video settings. Or this might be a problem of my Catalyst 13.2beta3 drivers.

The enemy's units? They're black if not identified by your recon :)
_____

Everything fine here, no problems so far - I just miss my level and decks .... and guys to play multiplayer (we may should agree upon a certain time to have some fun matches out there)

______
Edit: Some minor things:
When scrolling in steam chat, i was scrolling ingame as well.
When I launched the campaing and was on the loading screen, i tuned my sound down - this exited the game

Pihpe
Private First-Class

Postby Pihpe » Fri 1 Feb 2013 20:45

Not much to complain with the client yet, only a few minor gripes:

1) The AZERTY -layout when binding keys (Using QWERTY myself)
2) No copy-paste from the steam cd-key thing to the game when creating the account
3) Alt-tab doesn't work :(

And the fourth, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or just that the game is too heavy on my computer, but when I zoom in and the motion blur kicks in, my fps drops quite a lot during the zoom. (560TI, Q9550, 4GB, Mint 14 x64, Cinnamon, 310.14 drivers )

Kasumi_Ninja
Private First-Class

Postby Kasumi_Ninja » Fri 1 Feb 2013 21:05

The game doesn't start on Fedora 18 64-bit because of a missing openssl dependency:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
/opt/steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Game removed: AppID 58610 "Wargame: European Escalation", ProcID 26678
saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf'
roaming config store 2 saved successfully

$ locate libssl
/usr/lib/.libssl.so.1.0.1c.hmac
/usr/lib/.libssl.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.1c
/usr/lib/libssl.so.10
/usr/lib/libssl3.so
/usr/lib64/.libssl.so.1.0.1c.hmac
/usr/lib64/.libssl.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.1c
/usr/lib64/libssl.so.10
/usr/lib64/libssl3.so

Update
I fixed this by symlinking the libraries:

ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.1c /opt/steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame\ European\ Escalation/libssl.so.1.0.0
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.1c /opt/steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame\ European\ Escalation/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
Last edited by Kasumi_Ninja on Fri 1 Feb 2013 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

Pihpe
Private First-Class

Postby Pihpe » Fri 1 Feb 2013 21:12

Kasumi_Ninja wrote:The game doesn't start on Fedora 18 64-bit because of a missing openssl dependency:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
/opt/steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Game removed: AppID 58610 "Wargame: European Escalation", ProcID 26678
saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf'
roaming config store 2 saved successfully

$ locate libssl
/usr/lib/.libssl.so.1.0.1c.hmac
/usr/lib/.libssl.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.1c
/usr/lib/libssl.so.10
/usr/lib/libssl3.so
/usr/lib64/.libssl.so.1.0.1c.hmac
/usr/lib64/.libssl.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.1c
/usr/lib64/libssl.so.10
/usr/lib64/libssl3.so

Try creating a symlink to /opt/steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame from /usr/lib/libssl.so.10

Like this:

ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.10 /opt/steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame/libssl.so.1.0.0

Or if that doesn't work, then symlink that to /usr/lib

Edit: I also seem to have that file under my Steam -install, under ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu

Return to “Tech Support”