"Invalid Username and Password" - how to create a user?

maxmcches
Private

"Invalid Username and Password" - how to create a user?

Postby maxmcches » Tue 5 Mar 2013 22:48

Hello,

I bought the game from the Apple AppStore, I'm running a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63), and I'm having issues with multiplayer and my account. The game allows me to play the solo campaign, but always says "invalid username and/or password" when I try to go online. I don't recall ever creating a username or password, and don't see anywhere in the game to do so? Didn't pirate the game, and there are no other users but me.

Please advise.

Thanks,

M

Mawww
Sergeant

Re: "Invalid Username and Password" - how to create a user?

Postby Mawww » Wed 6 Mar 2013 12:21

Hello,

We had a bug that showed 'invalid username and/or password' on first launch of AppStore version, however clicking on the connect button after that worked. This is fixed in an incoming AppStore update.

Can you confirm that you have a different bug ?

Thanks.

maxmcches
Private

Postby maxmcches » Thu 7 Mar 2013 22:59

I've restarted the game and computer several times, and have the same issue every time. I haven't ever seen an option to even create a username or password?

The only thing I can think of is I live in Argentina, maybe that's something to do with it?

Thanks, please advise.

Max

Mawww
Sergeant

Postby Mawww » Fri 8 Mar 2013 12:50

Hello,

There is no create account button because AppStore versions automatically creates an account for you (because Apple forbid applications on appstore to use their own login system).

Are you playing on a regular Apple computer ? or some sort of Hackintosh ? Your account is tied to your computer MAC address, which should be unique.

An update is being uploaded to AppStore right now, it should be made available in once Apple validates it (which may takes up to 3 weeks, but more likely around one). There is a lot of fixes and changes in it (including the last DLC). Maybe it will fix your problem.

fabosx
Private

Postby fabosx » Wed 27 Mar 2013 17:59

Hello,

Seems that Apple will reach the longest validation time possible on "our" game :?

I really hope that the upcoming patch will solve the login issue (even if I'm probably not ready to participate yet to a multi... or perhaps with beginners like me).

Cheers!

Eagle
Private

Postby Eagle » Fri 5 Apr 2013 10:48

same problem... when's the patch coming?? paying money for a game that doesnt work right.. get it work or give me my money back!

Running OS X 10.8.3

Eagle
Private

Postby Eagle » Thu 11 Apr 2013 16:16

Update installed... no changes with login issue.. stille saying Username or password incorrect. .. No fix while using the "connect" button. Same error. What now?

FocusTechSupport
Website administrator

Postby FocusTechSupport » Fri 12 Apr 2013 09:24

A new version of Wargame EE (version 1.1) is available on the Mac App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wargame ... 6399?mt=12

For any problem with your Wargame EE player account, please send your account name and your key to the technical support of Eugen Systems by writing to: contact@eugensystems.com

We apologize for the inconvenience.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM

fabosx
Private

Postby fabosx » Fri 12 Apr 2013 10:27

I had the same issue after updating, but got it working with the following trick:

- Open Wargame on an other account on which the game had never been launched
- The connection was then done on this account
- Re-launch Wargame on my standard account and it worked then

Hope it helps and do the same for other person with the same issue.

Note that an option to reset the account would be an good additionto the application (for Eugen System).

Return to “Tech Support”