Input Lag **SOLVED**

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Input Lag

Postby Kastev » Sun 2 Mar 2014 15:59

Shifu wrote:Okay, for now, I assume it's campaign-only. Can you try to play with only a handful of units (if it's one of those missions where you actually can deploy units)?
Basing this on a friend of mine who had similar problems in a few missions and he fixed those by a) upgrading his PC and b) the last mission by deploying very, very few units if I remember correctly.

No, the amount of units I deploy makes no difference

As I said, the main culprit has been the larger maps like Fulda Gap, Rammstein airbase, and several others

Where once the game starts, before you even deploy anything, the input lag is so massive you can't keep stuff alive because it takes seconds to actually click on a unit, and seconds more for them to actually do something

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sun 2 Mar 2014 16:57

Hm, okay. Well, I'm sorry, but I can't do much here, looks like it's a problem within the game .. and as the devs are currently working on WRD, chances they'll check the code and go for bug-hunting are rather low, I'm afraid.

That said, can you try the same mission a friends PC running an Intel processor with less cores?
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Sun 2 Mar 2014 21:30

Shifu wrote:Hm, okay. Well, I'm sorry, but I can't do much here, looks like it's a problem within the game .. and as the devs are currently working on WRD, chances they'll check the code and go for bug-hunting are rather low, I'm afraid.

That said, can you try the same mission a friends PC running an Intel processor?

Oh yeah, the problem wasn't there before I upgraded my computer

I had an AMD Phenom II x4-955 processor which ran the game just fine.

It seems Wargame: EE has problems with 8 core processors, as that, and the motherboard were the only two things I upgraded. I also added an SSD, but I have tried installing Wargame: EE to both a normal hard-drive, and the SSD with the new parts and the problem still persists.

Here's a Youtube video I made of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38a6I2Nn ... e=youtu.be

It might be hard to tell, but you can see that whenever I'm moving the mouse a lot, I'm clicking trying to give commands

You can also see the huge delay on even selecting units, and even the units themselves seem to "hiccup" while moving, almost as if they're lagging from some internet issue, despite being a single player game

Edit: It would be great if you could forward this to the devs; just have them read this topic along with others to try and figure out what's going on

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Mon 3 Mar 2014 00:39

After doing some testing, yes, it works completely fine on my dads computer which has a 6 core AMD AM3+ processor

So, it HAS to be some kind of incompatibility with 8 core processors

And you're right Shifu, I believe it is due to the number of units on the map, as I tried out Ride of the Black Horse, and everything was completely fine right after deployment, spawning no extra units

But once I spawned a bunch of units, and let the enemy spawn theirs, the input lag returned.

So, this is a very strange issue. Is there any way to make it so if I launch Wargame: EE, only X amount of processing cores are used? Or is it possible to temporarily disable some?

It's weird since my 8 core processor has a higher clock % at 4.0GHz. I turned it down to 3.7, than even underclocked it to 3.5 with no luck

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 3 Mar 2014 02:52

Yes, I do see your problem. Yes, you can deactivate cores by:
Press windows key + r, type "msconfig" into the Run menu, go to "Start" tab then Advanced Options. Choose the number of processors you'd like to have running, apply the changes and restart your PC. Note, this won't not work if you're having a dual boot setup and a non-windows bootloader.

Edit: You can undo the changes the same way.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Mon 3 Mar 2014 05:50

Shifu wrote:Yes, I do see your problem. Yes, you can deactivate cores by:
Press windows key + r, type "msconfig" into the Run menu, go to "Start" tab then Advanced Options. Choose the number of processors you'd like to have running, apply the changes and restart your PC. Note, this won't not work if you're having a dual boot setup and a non-windows bootloader.

Edit: You can undo the changes the same way.

Damn. Tried limiting the cores to 4, and even 2, with no luck. Made no difference on the larger maps

So either the processor is completely incompatible with Wargame: EE or there's another issue. I can't see there being an issue with a motherboard, and I've ruled out either hard-drive or SSD's being the issue, and those are the only things that have changed for me.

Well, at least I'm looking forward to Wargame: RD since it's going to actually have a single player... though I think I'll always miss Wargame: EE

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Thu 8 May 2014 06:49

Now that Wargame: RD has launched, has any dev had a chance to take a look at this? Do they even KNOW about this game-breaking bug?

I want to play Wargame: EE again, but I can't... :(

h4didact4532
Staff Sergeant

Postby h4didact4532 » Thu 17 Jul 2014 08:40

Late to the Party here but have you tried reverting to an older version?

I had this same problem and had to revert all the way to the one of the first updates to get rid of the input lag.

basically go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame European Escalation\Data\PC\47000003 or any version after and copy the Wargame.exe there to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame European Escalation\

I have zero input lag now and its only there in the bigger missions like able archer when im fighting certain groups of enemies that are really big.

Really hope this fixes it for you like it did mine.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other b*****d die for his" George S Patton

Kastev
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kastev » Sat 26 Jul 2014 19:53

h4didact4532 wrote:Late to the Party here but have you tried reverting to an older version?

I had this same problem and had to revert all the way to the one of the first updates to get rid of the input lag.

basically go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame European Escalation\Data\PC\47000003 or any version after and copy the Wargame.exe there to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame European Escalation\

I have zero input lag now and its only there in the bigger missions like able archer when im fighting certain groups of enemies that are really big.

Really hope this fixes it for you like it did mine.

Holy CRAP. You are my SAVIOR

IT WORKS

So, if this works, than the problem is with the newest patch that EE got.