unit movement commands not working- Mac

SixPackPansy
Private

unit movement commands not working- Mac

Postby SixPackPansy » Sat 15 Mar 2014 20:41

Howdy,
Been searching on this for a day and come up dry for solutions.
Just installed Wargame: European escalation and I've already run into a game stopper. I've had to tweak the video settings to get rid of the shadowing making the screen unusable. But now, the REAL problem is I can't get past the first mission due to the infantry units will NOT respond to any movement commands. I can: Select them (they talk when I do), see their info and watch them move to their '1st positon' at the start of the game. But no combination of right or left clicking will let me direct them to a location.
HOWEVER, I can select and move my armor units just fine.

Purchased on Steam.

Running:
Mac OS 10.9.2 (mavericks) fully updated.
iMac 3.2Ghz i5
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

*** Updated info***
Was able to control the armored recon unit and then complete first couple of encounters. Still not able to control original infantry recon units. ALSO when command vehicle and two more armored recon units are awarded I cannot control those either. I'm starting to wonder if this is normal behavior? If so, it's a horrible gameplay mechanic.

IS THIS NORMAL? Any feedback appreciated.

Tried:
-Restarting game, steam, computer.
-Verified game files

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: unit movement commands not working- Mac

Postby Shifu » Sun 16 Mar 2014 15:11

Ah, could it be that the infantry units are green? Then they belong to your ally and you. You only can control blue units (I know that aren't many in the first missions of the campaign)

SixPackPansy
Private

Postby SixPackPansy » Sun 16 Mar 2014 18:45

I believe that's it. It was odd having units that responded to most selection actions but not movement. I've never seen a game in this genre do that especially in solo play. Or, at least, give me a message saying 'you can't do that'.

Thanks for the input.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sun 16 Mar 2014 19:49

My pleasure, you're not the first one to stumble upon that. It should be indicated somehow (considering that mission is where most people start to play) - anyway, I'm not sure (haven't played for quite a time now) but earlier you even could click onto enemy troops to see their ammunition status etc. .. not sure if that was fixed or not.

Return to “Tech Support”