click to movement order lag

perdigao1
Private

click to movement order lag

Postby perdigao1 » Wed 6 Aug 2014 09:44

Hi,

I am having a user interface problem with this game every time I play.

It happens when I select a unit and I click on a location to move the unit to. It appears to be a lag between the click and for the game to interpret the location I clicked with the mouse. If I move the cursor/mouse just after I click, the chosen location moves away to where I moved the mouse to. As a result, often my units end in weird places. This lag is about 1/3 sec.

In fact when the click-move-order is given the cursor animates as if it confirmed the order, I was wondering whether it is an issue related to the time it takes for this animation to complete. Is is a setting that I can change to resolve this problem.

To avoid this problem, a solution is to click and wait until the animation is complete, however it can slow down playability of the game significantly. This problem can be quite annoying, specially if I want to give several orders in a quick succession, or play very fast.

In fact, the first time I played this game, the left click to give movement orders was not working at all, despite the settings being correct. I corrected this by changing to settings to right-click and back to left-click. Weird.

Any help is appreciated.

L

*EDIT* I just found a similar problem reported here
[url]steamcommunity.com/app/58610/discussions/0/828939978428957981/[/url]

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: click to movement order lag

Postby Shifu » Wed 6 Aug 2014 18:10

h4didact4532 wrote:Late to the Party here but have you tried reverting to an older version?

I had this same problem and had to revert all the way to the one of the first updates to get rid of the input lag.

basically go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame European Escalation\Data\PC\47000003 or any version after and copy the Wargame.exe there to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame European Escalation\

I have zero input lag now and its only there in the bigger missions like able archer when im fighting certain groups of enemies that are really big.

Really hope this fixes it for you like it did mine.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ