Cannot Keep Command Stars Offline

Smooth Hobo
Private First-Class

Cannot Keep Command Stars Offline

Postby Smooth Hobo » Sun 14 Sep 2014 01:46

Greetings Wargamers
I recently bought this game on steam, and I love it, it is fantastic.
However, there is one issue that completely ruins my gaming experience.
Firstly, the desktop PC I play games on, unfortunately, has no Internet connection whatsoever, and is the only PC I use to play my games on as it is powerful and can run Wargame: EE with ease. After downloading Wargame: EE from another Laptop, which is extremely weak in terms of processing, I simply copied the Steam Root folder along with everything in it so I can play offline mode without connecting to the internet at least once. Keep in mind this took me hours to figure out how to pass the 'log in at least once online' steam rule. I played Wargame: EE, and it was good, however, upon startup, when it requested me to make a profile, I was unable, as I cannot connect to the internet. Therefore, every time I earn command stars, I am unable to keep them for the next time I start the game. Please help me find a way around this issue or at least something to unlock all units so that I may use them without re-earning stars and then having to re-earn them to get units I technically already earned. I just feel as if I am not getting enough support for offline play.
Thanks
Chris

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: Cannot Keep Command Stars Offline

Postby Shifu » Sun 14 Sep 2014 02:03

Command Stars and such are stored locally offline (and will be sync'ed via Steam cloud when you're online) in two files, called profile.wargame and profile_localpart.wargame (or .euggame). Those are stored in Steam\userdata\*yourUserID*\58610\remote - please check if those files exist: If they don't, let's try to import them.
Either download them from anyone you know or try to start Wargame on your laptop (requirements of Wargame are really low, especially if you don't want to play lol), create a profile so those files are created and then copy and paste them to your PC.

By the way, Campaign progress, Command Stars and level are saved there.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Smooth Hobo
Private First-Class

Postby Smooth Hobo » Sun 14 Sep 2014 07:03

Command Stars and such are stored locally offline (and will be sync'ed via Steam cloud when you're online) in two files, called profile.wargame and profile_localpart.wargame (or .euggame). Those are stored in Steam\userdata\*yourUserID*\58610\remote - please check if those files exist: If they don't, let's try to import them.
Either download them from anyone you know or try to start Wargame on your laptop (requirements of Wargame are really low, especially if you don't want to play lol), create a profile so those files are created and then copy and paste them to your PC.

By the way, Campaign progress, Command Stars and level are saved there.

I checked those files on my desktop and they were there. I can save when I'm in campaign missions but my expereince and stars are reset. I made an online profile on the laptop then copied and replaced the ones on the desktop with the new ones. Now when it asks for login it has the Username already filled out but not the password. When I try login it says that it cannot connect to servers (obviously) and when I click cancel to skip to the game it says my profile name on the right (with the default pic) but still not saving my stars or exp.

UPDATE

I seem to have fixed the problem by completely deleting those files, finishing the campaign missions, then purchasing units, then saving. Thanks for the help.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 15 Sep 2014 12:35

Interesting that deleting did the job - anyway, nice catch, have fun! :)
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ