[guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

phawkins1988
Master Sergeant

Re: [guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

Postby phawkins1988 » Sat 14 Apr 2012 01:10

My worry about Spetznaz is that doom fortresses take away their main ability. If you run into a doom fortess, your spetznaz will die and you'll only kill some of the cheap infantry screen. If flame tanks weren't in the game, spetznaz would be monstrously good.

empire_today
Corporal

Postby empire_today » Sat 14 Apr 2012 02:45

Cruswald wrote:Here is my actual choice for pact infantry in my deck, i would gladly receive any comments or advices about it.

My main pact set-up:

Rifle Squad: Motostrelki + BTR is good, I've noticed that most Pact players have them in their deck now.

Shock Infantry: Definitely Motorise Schutzen, they are superior to Spadochroniarze in every factor besides transport. But if you want better anti-tank shock troops, with the same fast transport, check out the Vysadkari.

Special Forces:
Personally I prefer the 4VPZU, because they fill the role of "Special Forces" more, they can quickly and cleanly wipe out a single target and dip before the enemy can organize a counter-attack. However, Grenzers can be placed in random locations (like buildings/forest of no importance) across the map, allowing you to see what the enemy has before or after their advance.

Heavy Shock Infantry:
Spetsnaz might be the King of the Jungle, but after finding out about the 4VPZU, I don't use them anymore, because I rarely fight an enemy that depends heavily on infantry. It's a good choice, because I've seen a lot of very good Pact players use them extremely well. If it's the cap that bothers you, maybe you can replace them with some other heavy infantry, like MotostrelCi. (or assault engineers)

ATGM Squad
Generally speaking in terms of AA/AT, it's best to go for the anti tank teams with the best anti tank weapons, regardless of price or quantity. But hey - that's just me.
Last edited by empire_today on Sat 14 Apr 2012 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 03:09

My infdeck:
1.SPETSNAZ - 8
2.MOT.-SCHUTZEN+BMP - 20
3.MOTOSTRELCI+TOPAS - 24
4.VYSADKARI+SKOT - 8
5.PTUR KONKURS - 8

I use mostly Mot. Schutzen and Motostrelci. Chechslovakian soldiers are basically cheapest answer to every tank in forests... I deploy them where I can. Sometimes I give them Vysadkari or Spetsnaz as protection. Mot. Schutzen worse in AT but they do pretty well on their own.
And there is PTUR Konkurs which I used to deploy a lot, but I think I will kick that unit out of my deck as it is pretty much useless after patch. Maybe some AA to replace? Or Spadochroniarze?

empire_today
Corporal

Postby empire_today » Sat 14 Apr 2012 04:47

REDDQ wrote:My infdeck:
1.SPETSNAZ - 8
2.MOT.-SCHUTZEN+BMP - 20
3.MOTOSTRELCI+TOPAS - 24
4.VYSADKARI+SKOT - 8
5.PTUR KONKURS - 8

I use mostly Mot. Schutzen and Motostrelci. Chechslovakian soldiers are basically cheapest answer to every tank in forests... I deploy them where I can. Sometimes I give them Vysadkari or Spetsnaz as protection. Mot. Schutzen worse in AT but they do pretty well on their own.
And there is PTUR Konkurs which I used to deploy a lot, but I think I will kick that unit out of my deck as it is pretty much useless after patch. Maybe some AA to replace? Or Spadochroniarze?

You already have a full house of rifle platoons, you won't be needing Spades.. at least in this update, Schutzen can fulfill their role.

I can see why AA infantry would be useful though, NATO has better air from what I've seen.

Cruswald
Corporal

Postby Cruswald » Sat 14 Apr 2012 08:15

phawkins1988 wrote:My worry about Spetznaz is that doom fortresses take away their main ability. If you run into a doom fortess, your spetznaz will die and you'll only kill some of the cheap infantry screen. If flame tanks weren't in the game, spetznaz would be monstrously good.

Well, I agree, spetsnaz should not be used as first line units, recon and rifle with mot-schock support are the one to detect and assault doom fortresses, well with a little bit of burratino , of course.

But on defense or to ward off infiltrations, they are great.

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Hegemon » Sat 14 Apr 2012 08:54

For me Spetsnaz is overrated. They are one dimensional support unit a little bit better than Saperzy Szturmowi.
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 14 Apr 2012 08:58

No, they are way better than sapery in their speciality.

It's just that they can't operate alone. You have to use them to support LAW-armed infantry and to counter special forces.

Don't storm woods with them alone, as transports will chew them...
Last edited by DeuZerre on Sat 14 Apr 2012 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Hegemon » Sat 14 Apr 2012 09:05

Ok, but still I don't have an idea how to use them efficiently on the battlefield.
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:21

empire_today wrote:
You already have a full house of rifle platoons, you won't be needing Spades.. at least in this update, Schutzen can fulfill their role.

I can see why AA infantry would be useful though, NATO has better air from what I've seen.

That's why I probably go with AA, thanks...

Hegemon wrote:Ok, but still I don't have an idea how to use them efficiently on the battlefield.

Cruswald pretty much told you.... Specnaz should go with AT infantry to wipe out any encountered troop unit. They're good at that... however... flamethrower units have bonus with scaring enemy vehicles.

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Hegemon » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:40

Yeah, but where I will encounter infantry units? In forest. Accompanied by flametanks which own (I don't like this phrase, but seems appropriate here) Spetsnaz. Moreover as anti-infantry support flametanks are simply better, cheaper and more available.

They are redundant to flametanks and utilize one of five most important slots in the deck, as PACT doesn't have universal infantry.

Return to “Tips & Tutorials”