[guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: [guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:46

Actually, as PACT, you see a lot less Zippos than you see T0-XX. i personally don't have them in my deck any more due to their inability to MOVE, and I don't see them used by more tahn 1/3 players. Sure, it is a risk.

You can use them in defensive manners too: As I wrote them in the guide, I recommend using the fastest transport to react to attacks. keep them behind the lines, and when you see an attack approaching, run there and unload. if you see infantry that is. Or as reaction force against infantry air drops: No armor there!
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Hegemon » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:54

DeuZerre wrote:Actually, as PACT, you see a lot less Zippos than you see T0-XX. i personally don't have them in my deck any more due to their inability to MOVE, and I don't see them used by more tahn 1/3 players. Sure, it is a risk.

You can use them in defensive manners too: As I wrote them in the guide, I recommend using the fastest transport to react to attacks. keep them behind the lines, and when you see an attack approaching, run there and unload. if you see infantry that is. Or as reaction force against infantry air drops: No armor there!

Well, I'll try that. What is your infantry section look like in deck?
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 14 Apr 2012 11:42

Hegemon wrote: What is your infantry section look like in deck?

These days, I go for:

PACT
- MotostrelCis in Topas (Blunt of the forces)
- MotostrelKis in BMP2 (in case I need fire support, but it's mainly "just in case")
- PTUR KONKUR in BTR (ambushers)
- 4 VPZU in Mi-8s (Always)
- Spetsnaz in BTR (Situational use)

NATO
- Chasseurs FAMAS in VAB (to cut through enemy armour at close range)
- Paratroopers in saracens (to cut through enemy infantry for cheap)
- ATGM MILAN F2 in AMX-10P (Costly, but hard hitting)
- Delta force in hueys (always)
- SAS in LYNX ( to go with Delta forces: Better recon sight, and anti-air protection)

Two of my PACT units are situational (Spetznas and MotostreKis) but that deck works. One of the NATO infnatry is a bit redundnat (SAS) but I like them and they have better optics than Deltas. I'd love to have some VPZUs in my NATO deck....
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 11:45

As a Pact player I see plenty of Zippos... but I usually deploy so much troops that enemy withdraw and switch to artillery barrage. Spetz are highly specialized unit (as all in Pact)... there is no real need to use them if you don't see reason to.

Crovaz
Private

Postby Crovaz » Sat 14 Apr 2012 16:23

For Pact I use the following :

4 VPZU - Very good Recon and great anti infantry as well as anti-tank
PZRK-IGLA - Great Anti Air infantry, 9 accuracy, 5 HE - 6 missiles a piece
PTUR-KONKURS - Best ATGM team I beleive
Vysadakari - Cheap, 20 pts, and very good all around riflemen squad
Mot-Schutzen - a little more expensive riflemen squad but get a BMP-1

I tend to not use VDV because they only come in helicopter transports, which to me , is very situational. If you need to get a squad behind enemy lines, some of the helicopter gunships you already have, can transport troops.

I like this setup because it's an all around good setup.

thebludoc
Sergeant

Postby thebludoc » Mon 16 Apr 2012 17:37

sticky this

Amur_Tiger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Amur_Tiger » Tue 17 Apr 2012 00:29

I'm a bit torn with the 5 point infantry, while they're cheap on paper they get half the men for the cost ( making them cost 10 equivalent ) and still take up a whole transport each ( two transports for the same number of men as a full squad ).

Am I wrong to think that this sorta ruins the efficiency of the infantry or is having more target APCs more of an asset then I'm thinking. My current preferred units are 4 VPZU for their excellent recon ability and overall survivability as well as motostrelki as a relatively cheap way to bring a bulk of infantry in a wide range of good transports, BMP-2Ds being a favorite to drop off infantry early on and then run around with the armor for the rest of the game. Likewise I dabbled with dropping VDV into the map early game and letting the hinds fly off to do their own thing saving on having to use up slots for either of those vehicles on their own.

DeuZerre

Postby DeuZerre » Tue 17 Apr 2012 06:16

While it is true for Piechota Zmech, who basically are poor riflemen, few in numbers, it's not true for MotostrelCis that are only there for their RPGs. To fight tanks, you don't need many soldiers armed with rifles, but one armed with an RPG.

Also, this allows you to buy 10 points units that are rather fast and can be spread on the whole battlefield to lay minimal ambushes. THis will keep your opponent under pressure.

PACT airborne infantry ARE possible tu use as you say: Buy a combat helo with your infantry, and let them have separate lives!
Marshal honoris causa

Bidule
Corporal

Postby Bidule » Tue 17 Apr 2012 10:06

thebludoc wrote:sticky this
+1 :ugeek:

VYSADKARI availability is soo poor :cry:
Also, i know that's good to not have mirror factions but i really can't understand why only 8.

here :

CHASSEURS FAMAS cost 10, 20 availability.
VYSADKARI cost 15, 8 availability. :o

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Hegemon » Tue 17 Apr 2012 10:11

You should compare Vysadkari to Legion FAMAS or other shock infantry.
But I agree that 8 is too low for this unit. Panzergrenadiere come in 40 units as I recall.
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

Return to “Tips & Tutorials”