[guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

Max_Damage
Lieutenant

Re: [guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

Postby Max_Damage » Wed 15 Aug 2012 07:05

Yes, that one is spartan, not striker. One of the bettter 10 points transports as someone mentioned its tracked and is like95 km/h meaning it is fast regardless of the terrain. also has fronrt and side armor 1 and a good machinegun.

Im taking motostrelki only for bmp1d. I got to try the thing that the guy above suggested: motostrelci + topas with spg and that HE3 german infantry with strela. Only problem is that strela is so much worse then igla. Otherwise this composition can deal with anything. Can replace the german infantry with spetsnaz but there are only 8 of them.

Konkur vs fagot is interesting, that avaliability of 8 really hurts lol. I might be wrong but i think that even those crazy milan f2s are avaliable in the numbers of 12.

Recently i just use this tactic as nato: buy lots of rardens(15 cost autocannon cars), buy an amx recon with a gun and buy atgm infantry in vabs. All this runs up to an opponent's tank blob and disembarks to launch missiles. Works best agains inexperienced players who have no idea how good atgm are. PAnzergrens are there because im a fan of marder(srsly, 3 accuracy autocannon and 2 armor for 25 cost? seen this for pact?) and panzergrens have additional atgms but can go against other infantry.

Its probably not a serious plan for good opposition tho(because of the costs).

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Wed 15 Aug 2012 07:12

Topas with tarasnice + Piechota Zmech is my offensive infantry of choice now. But technically, you can only deploy 120 of them whereas your opponent can throw 320 Jagers at you and stomp them.
I thought PACT was supposed to be the faction focusing on larger numbers of mechanized infantry in cheap vehicles. This doesn't seem to be well represented at the moment.

Obermotz
Master Sergeant

Postby Obermotz » Wed 15 Aug 2012 07:56

The Topas Combo works IMHO best with motostrelcis. Their AT awesomeness synergizes with the stopping power of 4 Taranice rounds to the face. Oh and Strelcis + BMP1D=(win in forests).

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Wed 15 Aug 2012 08:24

Why? Motostrelci fail against other infantry whereas Piechota is comparable to Jager. Motostrelci are better against higher tier MBT's, but you don't usually find those hiding in forests. Piechota's RPG + Tarasnice is usually enough to deal with opposing vehicles at close range.

I use Motostrelci as ambushers. I tend to bring them to the action in BMP-1P's, but from then on, I use them separately.
Some people use Motostrelci with the base SKOT, distract the enemy vehicle/tank squadrons and then use the speed of SKOTs to drive them directly in middle of the enemies, unload them and let them do the rest. But this tactic is too suicidal for my taste.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Wed 15 Aug 2012 08:53

MotostrelCi are weak against infantry BUT still have a high caliber rifle, meaning that whatever infantry they fight that isn't special forces will have a lowered morale AND are really good against tanks. The tarasnice compensates that weakness with its HE power for "cheap".

With Piechota Zmech, I tend to take them in BMPs: BMP1-P for numbers of ATGMs, BMP1-D (Rarely use it though) for added anti-infantry. The Zmech are just too bad against tanks to go in SKOTs and don't have any real use in TOPAS since it does the job more than them. They are just low in numbers.

I use the StrelKi to field BMP-2s.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Max_Damage
Lieutenant

Postby Max_Damage » Wed 15 Aug 2012 09:35

Had any good times with BMP2s? what about BMP3? Damn these things are expensive and a marder or ITOW bradley will make them look bad in comparison.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Wed 15 Aug 2012 10:01

Max_Damage wrote:Had any good times with BMP2s? what about BMP3? Damn these things are expensive and a marder or ITOW bradley will make them look bad in comparison.

The BMP-2 obr 1986 is comparable to the M2 Bradley. There isn't a variant comparable to the M2A1, but you do get some cheaper lower-end alternatives that the slot with Bradleys doesn't offer. And then there's the BMP-3, which is kind of like Marders.

Its excellent autocannon and HEAP gun define its role clearly - it's meant to be used from closer range for effective fire support. This is further promoted by its ATGM, which again is very similar to that of Marders, promoting usage from closer range as due to its lower accuracy, it is unlikely to score many hits from maximum range. The Bradley, despite being one of the best ATGM's, pales these roles in comparison.

Also, acording to FLX, 30mm autocannons do more damage.

DeuZerre wrote:MotostrelCi are weak against infantry BUT still have a high caliber rifle, meaning that whatever infantry they fight that isn't special forces will have a lowered morale AND are really good against tanks. The tarasnice compensates that weakness with its HE power for "cheap".

With Piechota Zmech, I tend to take them in BMPs: BMP1-P for numbers of ATGMs, BMP1-D (Rarely use it though) for added anti-infantry. The Zmech are just too bad against tanks to go in SKOTs and don't have any real use in TOPAS since it does the job more than them. They are just low in numbers.

I use the StrelKi to field BMP-2s.

To each one his own I guess :) I really do find my "Topas Piechota" to be effective in taking over forests crawling with enemies though.

Krauter
Corporal

Postby Krauter » Mon 31 Dec 2012 00:33

Hey all,

Was going to create a new topic but figure'd this might be a better place to ask.

At the moment, for Pact I am running for 4v4 1500-2000pt games
4VPZU - Mi8
VDV - Mi8
MotostrelCi - Skot
Konkurs-BTR
Vysad... - Topas.

Now what I generally do is send 1 VPZU and 2 VDV to hold high priority targets like Forests or Towns near bridges/control points mostly as recce but when I see a chance I ambush tanks/CVs or other important assets. The leg infantry I use to clear out forests and such whilst Konkurs forms defensive lines in front of my Control Points alongside my tanks or it acts as a forward line of defence with my light recce vehicles.

My problem that I am finding is, I like using the BMP 1p for its ATGM, but using it in the VEH slot means I can only take 4 of them. I am trying to find an infantry unit that I can either swap to or swap transports with so I have better access to the BMP1s. Because of this, I am considering trading MotostrelCis for MotostrelKis.

Also, I am looking for a nice auto cannon unit (the BMP2s and trying to think of replacing my Afghanskiis with them. However I'm torn on if I should put it in my VEH slot or if I should take an infantry unit with it.

Another potential swap I am considering is replacing my vysad.... with Spteznaz so that I can get a good recce inf in forest as well as good anti inf capabilities.

Finally, I am trying to think of a way to get Iglas into my lineup but can't think of a way to do so.

Any ideas or suggestions?

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Mon 31 Dec 2012 02:31

4VPZU - Mi8 2 different airborn troops is a bad idea for a multifunction deck, keep the VDV and use VPZU in skot as recon/shock troops.
VDV - Mi8 If you use the Mi8 series you'd rather take the vysadkari instead they are cheaper. VDV are interesting if you take them in Mi24
MotostrelCi - Skot
Konkurs-BTR
Vysad... - Topas. Only 8 squads available, clearly not a good choice for large game.

You have no shack troops in your deck et the moment and you have very low overall availability.

Shock troops : Mot.Schützen/Spado/VPZU/Spetz/Veteran Motostrelki (moto have medium AI but good AT with vet)
Airborn : VDV in Mi24/Vysadkari in Mi8/VPZU in Mi8/FJB40 in Mi24/Igla in Mi17
ATGM : Konkurs in BTR (with veterancy when used in buildings)
AA : Igla/Strela3 with vet/Strela2 with vet (depends of the availability you need)
Defensive troops : Motostrelci in Topas2A/Piechota smech in Topas2A/Motostrelki
BMP1P in great numbers : Motostreci/Piechota smech/Motostrelki
Recon : VPZU/Spetz/grenzer

You only have 5 slots so it's up to you to choose what you want to do.

You will fight in a forest all game long ? Put 2 or 3 shock troops in your deck.
You will fight in big open planes ? the BMP1P is what you need.
You have to size a town at all cost ? Put 2 airborn, one with AA the other with AT.

If you want to be able to do everything you can take
- VPZU in Skot (recon)
- Motostrelki in BTR (jack of all trade)
- Konkurs in BTR
- Igla in BTR
- VDV in Mi28 or Vysadkari in Mi8
With these troops you can do everything but you will be average at everything.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

Krauter
Corporal

Postby Krauter » Mon 31 Dec 2012 03:31

Thanks for the quick reply.

Question, shock troops are only used for clearing out forests correct? As a rule I generally don't sit in huge forests or try to clear huge forests, I'd rather just bypass them then let them be a thorn in my side. The only time I use forests is to create strongpoints. When I do so, I generally have tanks and atgm sitting on the outskirts with things like MotostrelKi in the middle. The only time I've really used my VDV or Ysas is with my VPZU as assassination units. Does this mean I can take out shock troops completely (ground based) or is this inadvisable?

Based on what I've read, I think I will do:

4VPZU-Skot
VDV-Mi24
-MotostrelKi BMP1
-Konkurs- BTR
-Spetznas w/ Mi8? as a "forest clearer" if I need it. I'm thinking to do this I can send in Mot. with Spetznaz to clear things out. Is this feasible? The only problem here is I still lack a LAAD team.

Edit: Figures, just after saying I usually dont play in forests I get my ass handed to me by a massive airlifted delta op..

Return to “Tips & Tutorials”