[guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

Space
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: [guide] Choosing your PACT infantry

Postby Space » Tue 17 Apr 2012 16:51

One note about Spetnaz. When they are hidden away they are insanely good at killing helis that accidentally fly over, despite their low range.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Tue 17 Apr 2012 16:56

Space wrote:One note about Spetnaz. When they are hidden away they are insanely good at killing helis that accidentally fly over, despite their low range.

Like pretty much any HE 3 infantry actually.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Space
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Space » Tue 17 Apr 2012 18:16

Hegemon wrote:For me Spetsnaz is overrated. They are one dimensional support unit a little bit better than Saperzy Szturmowi.

Their main use is recon that can't be removed by infantry. How can they be one dimensional when they are best troops in inf vs inf battles, and they have recon abilities?

diana olympos
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby diana olympos » Tue 17 Apr 2012 22:45

False space.

Spetsnaz are one of the only SF that are NOT a recon troop.. cause they have only GOOD optics.. and that matter a lot...

Bastables
Warrant Officer

Postby Bastables » Tue 17 Apr 2012 22:51

So the BDRM, Mi-2, Scorpion, scimitar, V150 ect are not recon?

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Hegemon » Tue 17 Apr 2012 23:08

Space wrote:
Hegemon wrote:For me Spetsnaz is overrated. They are one dimensional support unit a little bit better than Saperzy Szturmowi.

Their main use is recon that can't be removed by infantry. How can they be one dimensional when they are best troops in inf vs inf battles, and they have recon abilities?

They excells in fighting infantry. They can't damage vehicles at all. That is why they are one dimensional.
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

Space
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Space » Wed 18 Apr 2012 00:40

diana olympos wrote:False space.

Spetsnaz are one of the only SF that are NOT a recon troop.. cause they have only GOOD optics.. and that matter a lot...

So - they are still recon troops! There's dedicated recon vehicles costing around the same as Spez which also have good optics. Are they NOT recon too?

I tend to keep them in forest edges to provide recon, and move them to defend against infantry as needed. They almost always pay for themselves. I don't call that one dimensional

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Wed 18 Apr 2012 00:42

Good optics + Very small unit size is sometimes better than very good optics but small or normal size. They are recon, even though I prefer 4 VPZU for the job.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Space
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Space » Wed 18 Apr 2012 00:55

DeuZerre wrote:Good optics + Very small unit size is sometimes better than very good optics but small or normal size. They are recon, even though I prefer 4 VPZU for the job.

I have VPZU in helis - they're my special forces really. If I could have more slots I would also take them in APC's but you have to make choices :(

A squad of spez will kill a squad of Delta Force. A squad of VPZU will lose (though it's very close)

I use Delta Force/Fernspaher for NATO. Again VPZU lose to the Fernspaher.

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Hegemon » Wed 18 Apr 2012 09:06

Why do you think VPZU will lose to the Ferspaher?
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

Return to “Tips & Tutorials”