New helicopters.

trotskygrad
General

New helicopters.

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 3 Oct 2012 05:19

I'd like to see the CH-53 as a heavy lift chopper for NATO.

Mi-6 "Hook" could be a cheaper Mi-26 with less capacity similar to the Chinook.

an even cheaper cargo variant of the Mi-17/Mi-8 would be nice too, as a counterpart to the Puma.

Ka-27TB could be interesting as a counterpart to gazelle/cobra, since it carries a minigun AND a 30mm cannon.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

AlphaKappa
Corporal

Re: New helicopters.

Postby AlphaKappa » Wed 3 Oct 2012 07:04

The KA-27 looks pretty interesting, and I've never seen that chopper before... sadly, I don't think Eugen would include it because I believe they said they won't be going with any Navy-related units (Marines, helos, etc).

I could totally see the Mi-6 Hook as a slightly cheaper version of the Mi-26, maybe with a supply capacity similar to the Super Chinook.

Personally, I would really love to see the Kamov KA-50 as a new alternative to the Havoc (maybe in an anti-air role)!

Cool stuff.

nuNce
Corporal

Postby nuNce » Wed 3 Oct 2012 08:15

Ka-50 would be a great introduction! But it's not an AA chopper, its primary role is CAS and infiltration operations.

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Wed 3 Oct 2012 10:41

Isn't the assault helix designated Ka 29TB? It could be good. And i'm all in for new logistic stuff. Also as mentioned in other threads i'd like to be able to use unarmed transport helos (like blackhawk and base mi 8T and transport puma, Dornier 205...) as logistics. Since as soon as the infantry is destroyed they have no role whatsoever Imo.

[EUG]MadMat wrote:If we give the Marines the SMAW, that would mean no Marines at all for 80% of the timeframe. Since we've got one set of squad per troop types, a late-era weaponery means the sole representative of this kind of troops will either be absent from a scenario, or only be available in very few numbers.
Hence the choice of giving infantry weapons that would cover the wall era, or almost. And 1984-1985 don't fit in "almost" ...

I belive Marines and Marine equipment is sort of confirmed.
Last edited by zervostyrd on Wed 3 Oct 2012 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

Ribar
Warrant Officer

Postby Ribar » Wed 3 Oct 2012 10:58

I would also like to have the option to use transport helicopters as supply helicopters but then again I use them on some maps after unloading delta force on the ground to fill them with strike team of:atgm milan f2,stingers and frenspaeher and try to airdrop deep behind enemy line and kill the high value targets.It would be nice to have the ability to change their role in unit commands menu.
Image :mrgreen:

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Wed 3 Oct 2012 11:07

AlphaKappa wrote:The KA-27 looks pretty interesting, and I've never seen that chopper before... sadly, I don't think Eugen would include it because I believe they said they won't be going with any Navy-related units (Marines, helos, etc).
They said it for WEE because marines troops had nothing to do in a conflic taking place in germany but the norway theater is much more suitable for that kind of marine units.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

Elukka
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Elukka » Wed 3 Oct 2012 14:03

zervostyrd wrote:Isn't the assault helix designated Ka 29TB?

Apparently so. Looks like an interesting naval equivalent of the Mi-24. Carries infantry, too. It is another unit that just barely fits in the time frame, though. (Entered service in 1985!)

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 3 Oct 2012 14:16

zervostyrd wrote:I belive Marines and Marine equipment is sort of confirmed.

Do not just believe: we've made it clear from start that naval infantry will be there.
USMC are just a sideshow, the real stuff are the RIMa ... ;)

Seeigel
Staff Sergeant

Postby Seeigel » Wed 3 Oct 2012 14:44

That Ka-29 looks good! I want it :lol:
And a Ka-50 too. Even if it has to be a prototype.
I like those coaxial-helos.

AlphaKappa
Corporal

Postby AlphaKappa » Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:08

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
zervostyrd wrote:I belive Marines and Marine equipment is sort of confirmed.

Do not just believe: we've made it clear from start that naval infantry will be there.
USMC are just a sideshow, the real stuff are the RIMa ... ;)

Oh! Alright. A friend of mine told me otherwise... I'll have to let him know.

:)

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”