New helicopters.

trotskygrad
General

Re: New helicopters.

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:22

what else do I want with helicopters

OH-58C/S moved to the recon and given exceptional optics with a price increase

Same applies to the Mi-2URP-G

perhaps a Mi-4 "Hound" as a cheap transport before the Mi-8.

MORE LYNX VARIANTS...

20mm cannons, mixed armament (cannon/rocket, cannon/atgm?)

dual engined SuperCobras (with sidewinders perhaps? or is that out of timeframe)
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Wed 3 Oct 2012 18:16

Do not just believe: we've made it clear from start that naval infantry will be there.
USMC are just a sideshow, the real stuff are the RIMa ...

yay soo we're gonna have their toys too i guess (yay again).

This could justify the KA 27 as a transport anyway :)

WWWallace71
Lieutenant

Postby WWWallace71 » Wed 3 Oct 2012 19:10

zervostyrd wrote:
Do not just believe: we've made it clear from start that naval infantry will be there.

If I'm not mistaken isn't the KA 27 an anti-sub Helicopter?
Gopblin wrote:(Considering Wallace once posted pics of actual, honest-to-god human excrement to show his attitude towards me, I'm betting bad laughter)

Self-proclaimed rap god of the forums. #spit.

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Wed 3 Oct 2012 19:32

WWWallace71 wrote:
zervostyrd wrote:

If I'm not mistaken isn't the KA 27 an anti-sub Helicopter?

Yes but i belive there are a many variations as the other mentioned KA 29TB which is a mi 24 sort off assault transport. Then there is a anti sub version, KA 27PS search and rescue and KA 27PV an armed version.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 3 Oct 2012 19:44

another thing... hinds with free fall bombs would be cool.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Wed 3 Oct 2012 19:57

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
zervostyrd wrote:I belive Marines and Marine equipment is sort of confirmed.

USMC are just a sideshow, the real stuff are the RIMa ... ;)

The USMC must be given the credit it is due, they are proven warriors, some of the best in the world. I feel like they would fit into the role as shock troops, 10acc/2HE, similar to the leigon FAMAS.

Back on the topic of helicopters though, I think it would be awesome if we could choose their armament, similar to what I've heard about jets.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 3 Oct 2012 20:16

I'm most definitly sure that the US marines would feature heavily in the scandinavian theatre. Norway has one of the longest coastline/surface area ratio of any continental nation in the world (I.E not a micronation or an island).
Viker for ingen!

the_Monk
Sergeant Major

Postby the_Monk » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:16

JBravo wrote:The USMC must be given the credit it is due, they are proven warriors, some of the best in the world. I feel like they would fit into the role as shock troops, 10acc/2HE, similar to the leigon FAMAS.

I'm sure Eugen will represent them just fine in their game. Then again.....to many yanks unless you represent the US as the best at oh......everything......you're not giving "credit due". Just because they like to stick their noses into every dirty ditch around the world doesn't mean much other than they like action. 8-)

EDIT:

Oh yes.....and for god's sake I know.......I know.....we would ALL be speaking GERMAN if it wasn't for the glorious U S of A! Hooooorah! :roll:

matrin
Command Sergeant Major

Postby matrin » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:53

the_Monk wrote:
JBravo wrote:The USMC must be given the credit it is due, they are proven warriors, some of the best in the world. I feel like they would fit into the role as shock troops, 10acc/2HE, similar to the leigon FAMAS.

I'm sure Eugen will represent them just fine in their game. Then again.....to many yanks unless you represent the US as the best at oh......everything......you're not giving "credit due". Just because they like to stick their noses into every dirty ditch around the world doesn't mean much other than they like action. 8-)

EDIT:

Oh yes.....and for god's sake I know.......I know.....we would ALL be speaking GERMAN if it wasn't for the glorious U S of A! Hooooorah! :roll:

Whoa whoa ho, lets dial it back on the anti-American sentiment here, all the guy is saying is that the marines are pretty well trained group of guys, which is true, and true of any nations amphibious specialty forces.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:58

the_Monk wrote:

EDIT:

lol I'm american and I haven't suggested a single american piece of equipment in this thread other than the SuperCobra.

In fact I think I think Eugen should make USMC and Soviet Naval Infantry exact mirrors of each other and see what happens, just tot roll.

(to be fair American helicopters are overrepresented in wargame... but oh well)

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”