Additional Unit Stats (Aiming Time, Shots till Reload, etc.)

ch3cooh
Colonel

Additional Unit Stats (Aiming Time, Shots till Reload, etc.)

Postby ch3cooh » Thu 24 Jan 2013 14:11

It's nice to see how many shots a unit can make per minute, but especially for atgm vehicles etc. it would be good to know how long they will have to aim before they can make their first shot since they have low armour.

Another useful addition would be the amount of supply that support units need when they are firing.
(Could be per minute or per shot for example)

Seeing how a higher rank affects a units stats would be nice too.
Last edited by ch3cooh on Mon 28 Jan 2013 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Re: Additional Unit Stats (Aiming Time etc)

Postby Dimonay » Thu 24 Jan 2013 15:11

One of the most important not in armory stat is HP. I agree that they should but all information in the armory

WWWallace71
Lieutenant

Postby WWWallace71 » Thu 24 Jan 2013 15:50

from my observations it's kind of incorporated with ROF, not positive but it should definitely be separate stats.

On another note I'd like to see "Rounds shot before reloading". e.g. the Roland firing two missiles before reloading being a stat. not to interested with the auto cannons, as they probably have 300+ rounds fired before they need to reload. Following on with this, a "force reload" button would be nice on those type of vehicles
Gopblin wrote:(Considering Wallace once posted pics of actual, honest-to-god human excrement to show his attitude towards me, I'm betting bad laughter)

Self-proclaimed rap god of the forums. #spit.

KOMRADEFRUIT
First Sergeant

Postby KOMRADEFRUIT » Fri 25 Jan 2013 01:47

Well aim time is really variable, it includes if a tank has to turn its turret around, turretless vehicle to turn and I think its affected by many other things. This I deduce from observation only.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Fri 25 Jan 2013 13:11

RoF is a bit tricky stat as there's several factors. Eg. there's some ATGM units that have a rack of missiles - there's just a short delay between shots for those until the rack is empty, and a longer reload time is needed.

I don't think we need many extra stats in the armory, as those would confuse the more casual players.

Instead Eugen needs to give us those stats modding tools finally :P So all this info can be easily dug out and it'll appear in those FLX spreadsheets ;)

Kel
Master Sergeant

Postby Kel » Fri 25 Jan 2013 22:15

If you do not want to confuse the causal players, make a switch to show advanced stats. I for one want to see every *single* stat the unit has.
Also, arbiterary values like accuracy 10 should be exchanged with actual %-values :)
But thats just imho :P

TheFluff
Lieutenant

Postby TheFluff » Sat 26 Jan 2013 01:06

Hit chance percentages change with range and the size of the target, though. I think it's good that it's abstracted into a generic number, it makes units easier to compare.

Kel
Master Sergeant

Postby Kel » Sat 26 Jan 2013 02:29

So, what speaks against giving a list of hit chances per range?
The numbers are completely worthless as is as their relative value to each other does not reflect their actual performance. Right now using the Armory is pointless and I have to rely on a third party excel file.
And size of the target is not more than a fix percante reduction which *should also be mentioned atleast somewhere*!

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Sat 26 Jan 2013 06:10

Kel wrote:So, what speaks against giving a list of hit chances per range?
The numbers are completely worthless as is as their relative value to each other does not reflect their actual performance. Right now using the Armory is pointless and I have to rely on a third party excel file.
And size of the target is not more than a fix percante reduction which *should also be mentioned atleast somewhere*!

well to be honest I'd be fine if all the game mechanics were covered in detail in the manual
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Kel
Master Sergeant

Postby Kel » Sat 26 Jan 2013 11:24

But there is no reason to aim for mediocre. Imho all information *about* the game has to be found *within* the game.

Examples:
-Right now I am having a hard time explaining newcomers that the Hellfire has a higher hit-chance than other accuracy 10 weapon system.

-Explain why the VAB Mephisto has a rate of fire of about 10/min, but ingame he features a magazine of 4 which allows him to fire faster than the comparable I-Tow jeep with a rate of fire of about 30/min.

-Actually see the movement speed of vehicles on streets in the stats menu.

-Please change operational range to a relatable stat, which actually shows how long the engine can keep running.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”