A-10 Has Wrong Camouflage??

Callyste
Website administrator

Re: A-10 Has Wrong Camouflage??

Postby Callyste » Fri 22 Feb 2013 16:33

anto-shturmovik wrote:The darkest part of the camo is a blue so dark on WALB screenshots that it looks grey. 8-)
Just look at the picture I posted, or look to others on the net... and compare with that of the screenshots...

Done that, with your screenshot and a picture fond on the net.

Pour me faire comprendre, mon anglais étant peu clair, je répète en français (je suppose que les gars de chez Eugen sont tous français ?) : je trouve que la couleur du M2K dans ALB est trop foncée, ce qui donne vraiment l'impression que l'avion est gris. En particulier les zones les plus foncées du camouflage, qui sont IRL bleu clair assez pétard, et qui sont sur les screenshots plutôt bleu-gris anthracite. Les zones plus claires sont bleu-gris très pâle, presque blanches, alors que dans ALB elles semblent gris moyen.
Ci-joint un petit schéma que j'ai fait, concernant les zones foncées, dans ALB et sur une photo d'un 2000C. Couleurs directement extraites de zones au soleil du dessus du nez, dans les 2 cas. On voit bien que c'est vraiment plus clair et plus bleu que gris dans la réalité que sur les screens.
Enfin, le cône radar noir sur les 2000C était assez rare : seuls les tous premiers exemplaires en ont eu un, étant vite repeint en gris bleu (identique aux zones claires du camouflage).

Enfin, dans tous les cas, je pinaille, c'est sûr. Mais bon, ce serait tout de même dommage de pas avoir un mirage 2000C parfait, pour une firme française ! :D (il est déjà très bien, hein !)

Sorry for non-French speaking guys, but I had some things to say which I wasn't able to translate properly... Discussions about the blue being more grey or more blue, that kind of things ! ;)

I see what you mean!
However there are 2 things to remember! Pictures on the net of the real thing might also have different colours (depending on the lighting when the picture was taken, the camera that was used, etc...)
And ontop of that, the way maps are realized in Wargame makes it hard to get the exact "real" colour. Maps all have slightly different lighting settings, and the unit's colour may look slightly differently, depending on the map you're playing on. Rest assured though, Eugen is working hard to make the units look as close to their real counterparts as possible!

And yeah, you're like, totally, nitpicking! :D

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Fri 22 Feb 2013 16:35

Sub_Zero12 wrote:Image

ill take the Arctic cameo over poo green

"poo green"? lol

and that should add +10 accuracy for optical tracking SAMs.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

anto-shturmovik
Warrant Officer

Postby anto-shturmovik » Fri 22 Feb 2013 23:38

Thanks for your reply !
Yeah, I know that colours can vary depending on the picture, on the ligthning and of the camera, but on ALL the Mirage2000C pictures I've ever seen, including when I saw it with my own eyes, it appeared much more blue than grey.
I get your point regarding the different mapping according to the map, though. If there's a really bad weather, it can look more greyish.
Image courtesy of Vincent Meslet and Graphic.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Sun 24 Feb 2013 08:23

trotskygrad wrote:
Sub_Zero12 wrote:Image

ill take the Arctic cameo over poo green

"poo green"? lol

and that should add +10 accuracy for optical tracking SAMs.

More like -10 because it breaks up the outline really well. \:

You'll have to squint for a second more before you realise it's an airplane, which is the entire purpose of camouflage, to break up recognisable patterns and outlines and make immediate identification more difficult.
Last edited by katt on Sun 24 Feb 2013 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

Agiel7
Warrant Officer

Postby Agiel7 » Sun 24 Feb 2013 09:10

I am actually quite partial to the woodland camo paint scheme (plus the iconic shark face, natch) of the Hawgs of the 23rd TFW. Use that paintjob for every mission in DCS: A-10C.
.gif by Pilotasso of the ED forums.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Sun 24 Feb 2013 14:24

katt wrote:

You'll have to squint for a second more before you realise it's an airplane, which is the entire purpose of camouflage, to break up recognisable patterns and outlines and make immediate identification more difficult.

then why aren't all operational aircraft in woodlands environments in arctic camo?
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Sun 24 Feb 2013 14:37

Callyste wrote:And yeah, you're like, totally, nitpicking! :D

I think I want to put this as my sig, it's been awhile since I've found something so hilariously fitting of these forums.

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Sun 24 Feb 2013 17:04

For the record the best paintjob is the Su-25's one, blue on the bottom and green on the top.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Sun 24 Feb 2013 19:20

trotskygrad wrote:
katt wrote:

then why aren't all operational aircraft in woodlands environments in arctic camo?

Are you saying we won't have snow maps?

And Sheridan has some really weird MERDC desert thing going on, tbh. It should be Summer Verdant or something with a mixture of greens and black, and a dull tan, like this Abrams:

At least Arctic A-10 would have a vague purpose being in Europe. \:
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sun 24 Feb 2013 19:39

Are you saying we won't have snow maps?

probably. there is a reason they put the campaign in summer.
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”