2 wishes

sonofliber
Sergeant First-Class

2 wishes

Postby sonofliber » Sat 6 Apr 2013 01:54

okay i dont know if they are applied to ALB but, please please, make the ability to have AI partners in skirmish, so you can do more that 1vs1 battles (yeah i know the points get distributed among the players, but sometimes i want to have huge battles without the need to micro every single unit in that battle), and please add the command rooms from RUSE (they where the ones that appear when you zoom all the way out, where you can see the table where the map is and operators working on their stations, it really give the game a sense of inmersion)

Regards, a person that eagerly awaits may so he can play ALB

FLX
Lieutenant General

Re: 2 wishes

Postby FLX » Sat 6 Apr 2013 01:58

Only 2 wishes ? Aladin had 3, you got ripped off !
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

sonofliber
Sergeant First-Class

Postby sonofliber » Sat 6 Apr 2013 02:02

FLX wrote:Only 2 wishes ? Aladin had 3, you got ripped off !

i work with what my capitalist overlords allow me to, also that bastard cheated he got like 5000 wishes

Grober
Master Sergeant

Postby Grober » Sat 6 Apr 2013 02:42

i dont like idea of heaving that ruse background it does not fit wargame

sonofliber
Sergeant First-Class

Postby sonofliber » Sat 6 Apr 2013 02:51

Grober wrote:i dont like idea of heaving that ruse background it does not fit wargame

not a ruse backgroud, a ruse like background adapted to the 70-80 period

magogian
Staff Sergeant

Postby magogian » Sat 6 Apr 2013 04:39

Everyone knows that you use your first wish to ask for unlimited wishes!

Win-Turkey
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Win-Turkey » Sat 6 Apr 2013 10:18

Grober wrote:i dont like idea of heaving that ruse background it does not fit wargame

Yeah, it wouldn't work. In RUSE you're playing as a commander looking at a tabletop mockup of the battlefield so when you zoom out you see the war room, in Wargame you're looking at a CRT monitor which displays everything (look at the corners of the screen when in-game, you'll see the rounded edges of a CRT monitor).

What should happen is that you're shown the monitor control panel in full when zoomed out. Supreme Commander Forged Alliance did something similar, if you zoomed out fully you'd see the map on a high-tech screen of some sort. Maybe have the rest of the command room seen behind the screen terminal, kind of like how the main menu is a picture of a command desk with an operations center in the background.

Something like that.

sonofliber
Sergeant First-Class

Postby sonofliber » Sat 6 Apr 2013 23:06

Win-Turkey wrote:

Yeah, it wouldn't work. In RUSE you're playing as a commander looking at a tabletop mockup of the battlefield so when you zoom out you see the war room, in Wargame you're looking at a CRT monitor which displays everything (look at the corners of the screen when in-game, you'll see the rounded edges of a CRT monitor).

What should happen is that you're shown the monitor control panel in full when zoomed out. Supreme Commander Forged Alliance did something similar, if you zoomed out fully you'd see the map on a high-tech screen of some sort. Maybe have the rest of the command room seen behind the screen terminal, kind of like how the main menu is a picture of a command desk with an operations center in the background.

Something like that.

well that was what i was thinking, when i said a ruse type background in the 80 (didnt think i needed to clarify it, sorry)

Grober
Master Sergeant

Postby Grober » Sat 6 Apr 2013 23:20

what ever u will put in back ground it wont fit wargame

Phoenix
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Phoenix » Sun 7 Apr 2013 23:35

Grober wrote:what ever u will put in back ground it wont fit wargame

Your spelling and argumentation, however, perfectly fit the intellectual capacity of the random recruit of any wargame.

I like the idea of a background adapted to the 80's. Since a first saw it in Supcom, i always find it lacks in large-scale Wargames. Surely we could have something interesting based on the "command center" style". Though i trust Eugen's artists far more than any "awesome" idea that could be posted here. :p

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”