Wargame Team League Season 1 - A-League-Thread

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Re: Wargame Team League Season 1 - A-League-Thread

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Sun 21 Apr 2013 14:46

Jeslee wrote:From my point of vue, this is quiet clear that your mysterious informer has a kind of personal "mission" to disqualify Enohka from this championship.
The question is : why spending so much energy and time to show to the wooooooorld that Enohka used a smurf ?
It was also the case for many players during the World Cup for some players.
And between us, is it really the main point ?

I think that the question is to know if we can restart this championship with a good code of conduct for everyone.
We are between WEE players and we all own to the same community of WEE fans.
Is it really constructive to stygmatise Enohka ?
Wouldn't it be better to discuss plublicly (and quietly) between all of us (including Enhoka) about this smurfette story and made all this clear together once for all ?
Punishing one player just to make an example won't serve anyone and I think that we would be wiser to discuss of that point between all team leaders.
I find this delation system quiet ridiculous and childish and it brings an uncomfortable atmosphere.

If there is a specific problem, we must discuss it and fix it all together, not through "anonymous" MP.

Sorry for this long message (in a very bad english, sorry for my limitation), but I'm quiet worried about seeing how the things could goes on for just... A VIDEO GAME !

We are all adults, let's act like adults.

Please notice that I'm not pointing at anyone, I'm just sharing my state of mind seeing all those exhanges on this subject.

Ok, if you want to discuss public ... here is my point of view.
The "teamswitching" thing was a big fail. Some teams (especially [DAY] and PLF) can't accept it because fun and fair play in a tournament/league is really important. [DAY] is allways playing fair and this is for us a very, very important thing.

With a serious apology all would be ok. But what happened ... they (i try to use no names and don't want to attack someone) have not admitted their mistake.
After PLF make it public with a lot of proofs, they try it with an apology. But i think there they have allready lost a lot of credits to the community. As they realized it, they start trolling to [DAY], PLF and my person.

Also they are still proud to use smurf accounts (which is no problem outside the Teamleague/tournaments). But if they use fakeaccounts with [DAY] Clantag and teamkilling with it ... i have no words and no more respect for such players. Sorry!

Drrty-D
Major

Postby Drrty-D » Sun 21 Apr 2013 14:55

As already said,the most part of our small community is behind Enohka and always will be,no matter what he has done or have not.

noDestiny
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby noDestiny » Sun 21 Apr 2013 15:06

Just a little thought experiment:

There 3 possible decisions:

1. let beast participate and do nothing
result: flame-war. after that: leaving of PLF and day.
consequences: league have to less teams to start

2. let beast participate and ban enohka
result: flame-war.
consequences: maybe beast dont particpate.

3. beast can not participate
result: flame-war.
consequences: all not-beast-hater say that i'm stupid because i hear to plf. maybe problems to get new teams next season

do you see the problem?

thank you.
now shut up, play the awesome game WEE and in some days WAB and hf.

have a nice day.
maybe shut down your pc and meet some REAL people.
Last edited by noDestiny on Sun 21 Apr 2013 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

DarrickS
J'aime quand on me fait du mal

Postby DarrickS » Sun 21 Apr 2013 15:08

Jeslee wrote:I think that the question is to know if we can restart this championship with a good code of conduct for everyone.
We are between WEE players and we all own to the same community of WEE fans.
Is it really constructive to stygmatise Enohka ?
Wouldn't it be better to discuss plublicly (and quietly) between all of us (including Enhoka) about this smurfette story and made all this clear together once for all ?
Punishing one player just to make an example won't serve anyone and I think that we would be wiser to discuss of that point between all team leaders.
I find this delation system quiet ridiculous and childish and it brings an uncomfortable atmosphere.

If there is a specific problem, we must discuss it and fix it all together, not through "anonymous" MP.

Sorry for this long message (in a very bad english, sorry for my limitation), but I'm quiet worried about seeing how the things could goes on for just... A VIDEO GAME !

We are all adults, let's act like adults.

Please notice that I'm not pointing at anyone, I'm just sharing my state of mind seeing all those exhanges on this subject.

+1

I dont think quoting a guy who ask for adult comportement and peace is a bad thing, so plz, dont moderate it.
Last edited by Oliver on Sun 21 Apr 2013 15:12, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Snipped
Past, past is far.

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby SikkeSakke » Sun 21 Apr 2013 16:55

There's been some posts that stated that player who violated rules, should walk away without any penalty. I don't know any game where you can break the rules without punishment - For example, at Planetside 2, if you get cought by using aimbot, you get ban. As for relation to real life, if you got red card at football, you get ban. If you tackle in the head at ice hockey, you get ban. If you rob a bank, you get ban. So if violating rules gives no punishment, there's no point for rules at all.

sparouw
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby sparouw » Sun 21 Apr 2013 17:33

The real question is: can you ban him for having a smurf out of the league?
If he want to troll people in his free time, why can't he do it? Are you starting to ban team who change the map 1 second befor the game start? are you going to ban team/people who are totali disrespectfull with pick-ups and never stop insulting?

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sun 21 Apr 2013 17:36

I don't quite understand how we (as in PLF and DAY) are being childish. I see the situation completely the opposite.

It's quite simple: we accuse a person playing for multiple teams. The person then denies it. We dig a little deeper to see what the truth is and we all the evidence points out it is him. We feel that the spirit and the rules of the league have been violated, and that this is no longer fair play. When he then finds out that his cover has been blown, he resorts to bad language, childish tantrums, bad sportsmanship and trying to ruin another clan's reputation and still somehow expects that everyone should just forget it and he should get away with it.

Who's the one acting childish here? And notice how I didn't mention enohka anywhere in the last paragraph - this is not personal, anyone doing those things should deserve disciplinary measures by the tournament organizers. In my opinion a ban is perfectly appropriate after all this behavior.

I can understand noDestiny being pissed off having to handle this mess, and he gets my sympathy. However it's just something that must be dealt with in one way or another.
Last edited by Buck Turgidson on Sun 21 Apr 2013 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Sun 21 Apr 2013 17:37

SikkeSakke wrote:There's been some posts that stated that player who violated rules, should walk away without any penalty. I don't know any game where you can break the rules without punishment - For example, at Planetside 2, if you get cought by using aimbot, you get ban. As for relation to real life, if you got red card at football, you get ban. If you tackle in the head at ice hockey, you get ban. If you rob a bank, you get ban. So if violating rules gives no punishment, there's no point for rules at all.

Indeed you are totally right and I agree with you.
But is it realy necesssary in this case to ban a player for an entire championship ??
Couldn't we find a agreement for some games punishement ?
That's what's happening in football and all sports.
I think that it would be fare for all.
By this way a punishement will be applied for breaking rule violation.

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sun 21 Apr 2013 17:39

sparouw wrote:The real question is: can you ban him for having a smurf out of the league?
If he want to troll people in his free time, why can't he do it? Are you starting to ban team who change the map 1 second befor the game start? are you going to ban team/people who are totali disrespectfull with pick-ups and never stop insulting?

This is completely beside the point. Anyone can smurf and troll and monkey around as much as they want outside the league. However when playing the actual league matches, it's expected that you follow the rules. Enohka did not, hence all this discussion about a punishment.
ImageImage

Drrty-D
Major

Postby Drrty-D » Sun 21 Apr 2013 17:56

Why dont you ban Enohka from games against those 3 teams who want him burned like a witch?

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”