Wargame Team League Season 1 - A-League-Thread

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame Team League Season 1 - A-League-Thread

Postby SikkeSakke » Sun 21 Apr 2013 23:45

Drrty-D wrote:Another idea from my science room.How about that teams decide if they wanna play in W:EE until the full release or if both opponents are interested to play with national decks in W:AB why not.

Long time since I have to agree with Drrty-D. Perhaps postponing league start for a week or two could be reasonable - and that time perhaps air has cleaned a little bit too. But if teams wants to start with W:EE, I think PLF Risky Business is ready for that too.

Btw. Jeslee, we got match against you at first round. Can you PM me times when you are able to play. I have to talk to my mates when they are available but for me, every day but Saturday is good day to play.

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Mon 22 Apr 2013 00:27

SikkeSakke wrote:
Drrty-D wrote:Another idea from my science room.How about that teams decide if they wanna play in W:EE until the full release or if both opponents are interested to play with national decks in W:AB why not.

Long time since I have to agree with Drrty-D. Perhaps postponing league start for a week or two could be reasonable - and that time perhaps air has cleaned a little bit too. But if teams wants to start with W:EE, I think PLF Risky Business is ready for that too.

Btw. Jeslee, we got match against you at first round. Can you PM me times when you are able to play. I have to talk to my mates when they are available but for me, every day but Saturday is good day to play.

In a first step, I was quiet sceptical about starting this championship on WEE (instead WAB) so close to the WAB launch.
But I'm not such sure now that's the idea is so good as we are just talking about a beta.
That would mean that many things won't be definetly fixed (will we have any replay option which was missing in the beta 1 ? Does all the decks will be balanced ? Does the F15 and the T72 will still be OP ? LOL).
In one word determinate in a championship who deserve to stay in League A and who will go in League B on a beta game (on which no one have any skills yet) is very delicate.
WEE was launched more than one year ago and we'll have plenty of time to fight on WAB all together.
In this transition period, my opinion is that it's clearly too soon to switch on WAB.
Afterall, we only have 8 match to play and we can even play 2 games by week if it's more confortable for some teams.

In the second part of your message, I sent few hours ago an MP to High-O to setup our battle.
I'll sent a copy to you right now. ;)

DarrickS
J'aime quand on me fait du mal

Postby DarrickS » Mon 22 Apr 2013 00:30

Jeslee wrote:
SikkeSakke wrote:

In a first step, I was quiet sceptical about starting this championship on WEE (instead WAB) so close to the WAB launch.
But I'm not such sure now that's the idea is so good as we are just talking about a beta.
That would mean that many things won't be definetly fixed (will we have any replay option which was missing in the beta 1 ? Does all the decks will be balanced ? Does the F15 and the T72 will still be OP ? LOL).
In one word determinate in a championship who deserve to stay in League A and who will go in League B on a beta game (on which no one have any skills yet) is very delicate.
WEE was launched more than one year ago and we'll have plenty of time to fight on WAB all together.
In this transition period, my opinion is that it's clearly too soon to switch on WAB.
Afterall, we only have 8 match to play and we can even play 2 games by week if it's more confortable for some teams.

In the second part of your message, I sent few hours ago an MP to High-O to setup our battle.
I'll sent a copy to you right now. ;)

Eugen has done the WC with many broken gameplay mecanic.
Various infantery rush, chopper rush, artillery camping, etc, etc.. who are not totaly fixed yet.

So I think the beta of ALB wont be more or less broken than what WEE was in february 2012 or March 2012 or January 2013...
Past, past is far.

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Mon 22 Apr 2013 00:43

DarrickS wrote:Eugen has done the WC with many broken gameplay mecanic.
Various infantery rush, chopper rush, artillery camping, etc, etc.. who are not totaly fixed yet.

So I think the beta of ALB wont be more or less broken than what WEE was in february 2012 or March 2012 or January 2013...

You're totaly right, but I hope that WEE of start 2013 was more "polished" after 12mothes than WAB Beta 2 after 5 days of intensive tests...
Or not ! LOL

Wait and see how the things will go on as no one have this precious beta 2 in hands (it's true for only few hours I hope). ;)

noDestiny
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby noDestiny » Mon 22 Apr 2013 07:01

Jeslee wrote:
Wait and see how the things will go on

Exactly this. ;) ...is the plan.

Mtp34
Sergeant Major

Postby Mtp34 » Mon 22 Apr 2013 08:27

Hi all,

long time that i havnt posted anything here and as well that i played W:EE ... anyways.

As of what i have read knowing from some of the guys who has posted comments their personal point of view and taking into consideration what was proposed i think this sounds like a valid and fair solution.
I have to agree with Sikke that even me have to agree with something that Drrty proposed adn for me it does sound like a good solution at the end.

Just to announce that for the DAY team that has been set up by Topspin earlier on in this thread, i am on the list but not sure if i can participate personally. I think i will be more less the reserve player :).

However GL for noDestiny to keep this thing running smoothly and GL for all teams.

Mtp34
Sergeant Major

Postby Mtp34 » Mon 22 Apr 2013 08:33

HiGh-O- wrote:
Jeslee wrote:Thanks noDestiny for this very clear explanations.

OK the threaten of quitting the league for those 3 teams is very clear and shows me that we are talking about personal reasons and not anything else.

In this case, it would be clearer for all of us to present it like it and trying to use some rules violation excuse or anything else is unuseless.

Something happened between them (I don't wanna know anything about that) and they all decide to punish him.

It's just sad. :(

From our side, we still keep a great respect for Enohka and we all know that he is a great WEE player.
For our point of vue, a competition is valuable if all the best players are involved.
Fighting against the best help you progressing in your own game.

You can not hide behind the "my english is bad, sorry for that" excuse any more when you make a post like this. Please refrain from commenting if you do not understand, explicitly state that you are unwilling to understand and are unable to articulate yourself about the subject. Either post in your native language or ask someone to translate for you. Because right now your posts are downright insulting and inflammatory.

Btw Jeslee as I coulnt stand it, your english is better than your french lol :) :) :)

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Mon 22 Apr 2013 09:22

Mtp34 wrote:Btw Jeslee as I coulnt stand it, your english is better than your french lol :) :) :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 23 Apr 2013 21:21

noDestiny wrote:3. beast can not participate
result: flame-war.
consequences: all not-beast-hater say that i'm stupid because i hear to plf. maybe problems to get new teams next season

I would keep emotion and emotional arguments out of this issue, and not label PLF and DAY as "Beast-haters". We can accept the ruling that The Beasts is allowed to participate even if it wants to join after the official deadline.

The point of the whole discussion is to keep the League fair so it can operate in a good spirit and sportsmanship, so severe rules breaches and disrespect towards the League should be dealt with appropriately.

And to be honest, we had the evidence about Smurfette = Enohka way earlier, but we saw no sense to bring it up because we didn't want to invite any pointless flames to clutter the league threads. Also, there was no need as The Beasts (with Enohka as their spokesperson) had announced they want to sit out the whole League.

So we all agree that Smurfette played in 3 matches in the League, violating rules. It is known that Smurfette is Enohka:

noDestiny wrote:It's rather obvious that Smurfette = enohka. And because Smurfette is banned from this league, enohka can't participate. I'm sorry for this but rules are rules and this screenshot is really clear.
The remaining players of Beast can participate (in accordance with the rules).

Please, don't derail this into a flame war :roll:

And hence the ruling above. This also is perfectly in line with WTF? and Iron Tide being banned from the A-League for the very same incident in which they participated.

Earlier Enohka was deceitful about the whole deal, thus showing disrespect towards the whole rest of the League:

enohka wrote:It is enough already. My 3 last statements to this:

1. What you saying about "Smurfette" is a smurf account of mine - thats not true.

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=23988&start=470#p171771

And also in this view, noDestiny's ruling above is well justified.

However supporters of Enohka have requested a change of this ruling:

noDestiny wrote:I spoked with Shifu, enohka and jeslee. We think that the idea of dirrty is really good and a good compromise for all. enohka is banned from all matches against DAY and both PLF-Teams for this season. But he can play against all other teams.

And this is the remaining point of disagreement between us. As the point of the Qualification Season was to determine who can play in A-League, and Enohka was considerably involved foul play in that season, IMO he has forfeited his right to participate in the A-League for this season.

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Tue 23 Apr 2013 22:06

varis wrote:tl;dr

I don't pay tribute to you other arguments but:

Smurfette is technically NOT my Smurf - it is a account I have/had access to for some troll ranked games BUT it belongs to a friend of mine, who bought, played and still plays with it. Period.

Furthermore your evidence doesn't proof ANYTHING but that I was the last one who used this account at the time of your screenshot long after those games.

It would be a relevant evidence if you found a steam account named "enohka" with the same avatar at the same of the player who is currently in a tournament game and at the same time. In fact, the player didn't use a "sexy smurfette" avatar and the name in any of those games.

I will overlook the ignorant irony using the word "sportsmanship" considering the 13 replays of uber sporty play of PLF Risky Business.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”