Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

ThierryFocus
Website administrator
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon 7 Nov 2011 19:56
Contact:

Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby ThierryFocus » Thu 25 Apr 2013 19:25

Hello everyone,

We've prepared a guide for people who have the access to the beta.
You can download it via this link: http://www.focus-files.com/WargameAB/WA ... TA_INT.pdf
We hope that it will help you to understand some game mechanices and to enjoy the beta.

Best regards and have fun :)

User avatar
Obermotz
Master Sergeant
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu 21 Jun 2012 19:11
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby Obermotz » Thu 25 Apr 2013 19:37

Nice! Thank you! Will point all first timers i meet to here.

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2091
Joined: Mon 17 Sep 2012 23:00
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby Grosnours » Thu 25 Apr 2013 20:42

Nice and classy, this is an excellent initiative. :)
Image

User avatar
Uncle_Joe
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu 18 Oct 2012 07:01
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby Uncle_Joe » Thu 25 Apr 2013 20:54

Thanks for the quick guide!

One questions:

The Campaign Game section lists only single-player vs AI and multiplayer against another player. Will there also be an option for multiplayer co-op vs the AI?

Thanks!
"Don't you know that in the Service one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?"

User avatar
Silvermarch
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2012 04:22
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby Silvermarch » Fri 26 Apr 2013 01:15

Uncle_Joe wrote:Thanks for the quick guide!

One questions:

The Campaign Game section lists only single-player vs AI and multiplayer against another player. Will there also be an option for multiplayer co-op vs the AI?

Thanks!

The campaign is confirmed to have coop mode too.
Image
panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:While Germans may look and behave in a robotic manner, they are technically human, thus no autoloader.

User avatar
skyray
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed 19 Sep 2012 18:35
Location: Central NY, USA.
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby skyray » Fri 26 Apr 2013 13:59

Thanks very much for the guide. It's a bit short on info IMO but it helps. A lot of what's there is similar to W:EE.
Of course, this is a BETA so everything can't be there. Where do we direct questions about the currently operating game functions and suggestions for what does/doesn't go into the actual full guide?
"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing."

User avatar
Oliver
Colonel
Posts: 2920
Joined: Sat 2 Jul 2011 18:00
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby Oliver » Fri 26 Apr 2013 16:15

No new game modes? Oh come on, please tell me that's not true :( Literally nobody is playing Conquest, you might want to read through Generalski's advanced conquest suggestion...
Image

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2091
Joined: Mon 17 Sep 2012 23:00
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby Grosnours » Sat 27 Apr 2013 11:38

Oliver wrote:Literally nobody is playing Conquest


You gotta be kidding me.
Nobody might have been playing conquest in public games (even though I always managed to get people in my public conquest games, just takes a tad more patience), but we sure were playing conquest a lot. Actually that's the only mode we were playing in the end.
But I agree with you, it needs some improvements. I guess that's why it won't be available before release.
Image

User avatar
DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 11125
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:17
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 27 Apr 2013 12:52

Some simple improvements to conquest would be "Not immediate capture of objectives" and "countdown to victory when holding needed objectives" so a game doesn't end because a lone vab reached one of your undefended objectives.
Image
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

User avatar
solvens
Major
Posts: 1989
Joined: Fri 1 Jul 2011 00:56
Contact:

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby solvens » Sat 27 Apr 2013 13:01

DeuZerre wrote:Some simple improvements to conquest would be "Not immediate capture of objectives" and "countdown to victory when holding needed objectives" so a game doesn't end because a lone vab reached one of your undefended objectives.

In my eyes, Generalski proposals are the perfect conquest mode :

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=24332
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests