Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

praslovan
Major-General

Re: Guide for Wargame: AirLand Battle Beta

Postby praslovan » Sat 27 Apr 2013 13:02

How about they make things that we already have stable and non WIP... and after that make new game modes?

... no?

skyray
Staff Sergeant

Postby skyray » Sat 27 Apr 2013 14:56

I like the Generalski game mode proposal. If it's not included on release, it can be included later as part of an upgrade or with additional/other DLC. I'd love to see that kind of game.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing."

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Sun 28 Apr 2013 09:07

Generalsky put a lot of work in his idea, but why promote it when it goes against some core concepts of WAB as we know it ? Sure, it might be very good, but Eugen is highly unlikely to include a revolutionary mode which basically makes you play an entirely different game. And i can't blame them if they don't want to gamble that much.

So let's be realistic and try to improve conquest more glaring issues : the start- and end-game rushes, the sometimes silly circle placement. Maybe their sizes also.
And actually Generalsky does propose some good ideas in this direction. For example, this gif is excellent.

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby SikkeSakke » Wed 1 May 2013 11:26

One suggestion what I'd add to section 4: Deploying units: When pressing shift and placing units, selection remains and you can place next unit without selecting it again at deployment menu. When pressing ctrl and left clicking deployment menu, you can select group of units (for example, 4 units of infantry).

Kvothe
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Kvothe » Thu 2 May 2013 14:21

Is there any chance that you could publish this guide at a more accessible place? Like the Steam community hub? Maybe the Guide section there?
Many (completely) new players struggle to grasp the very basics of this game and don't know about this forum.

I was spamming posting the link to the manual and the forums in the global chat for all the new players, but for some reason you can't copy links from the chat.

[Focus]Pierre
Website administrator

Postby [Focus]Pierre » Thu 2 May 2013 15:06

:arrow: You're right, I've just created a Guide on the Steam Community Hub.

I hope more people will find it now !
Focus Team - Associate Producer

Kvothe
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Kvothe » Thu 2 May 2013 16:12

That was really quick! I'm sure this will help more players this way.
Thanks for your effort :D

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sun 5 May 2013 23:47

[Focus]Pierre wrote: :arrow: You're right, I've just created a Guide on the Steam Community Hub.

I hope more people will find it now !

For some reason it does not exist anymore :?

haltendehand
Corporal

Postby haltendehand » Fri 10 May 2013 19:19

Nice guide, but last I checked Leopard 1A3s (which you misspelled as IA3 by the way) did not have SS11 missiles ;)
Edit: one more thing, there's a few spelling mistakes/ inconsistencies / formatting problems in your otherwise excellent document, so you should probably try to fix those.

[Focus]Pierre
Website administrator

Postby [Focus]Pierre » Mon 13 May 2013 14:45

haltendehand wrote:Nice guide, but last I checked Leopard 1A3s (which you misspelled as IA3 by the way) did not have SS11 missiles ;)
Edit: one more thing, there's a few spelling mistakes/ inconsistencies / formatting problems in your otherwise excellent document, so you should probably try to fix those.

Thanks !
There won't be Leopard IA3 with SS11 missiles in the next update of the guide! (this screenshot change was quite bad)

Feel free to suggest new categories in the guide, it may be possible to add new important tips.

Meanwhile, enjoy the game ;)
Focus Team - Associate Producer