2) arty.
3) copters.
4) maps.
5) stability.
6) income.
7) respawn points.
8) airplanes.
9) vehicle
1) Infantry has very realistic but unbalanced ranges(for gameplay). All that 500m RPG-7 could be used only in towns, that means no ambushes in forest/buildings near road. Flamethrowers with 300m range just a joke. The problem lies in that fact that you just waste your time for managing infantry but get no kills with it. If you prepared ambush you will just die, may be you will kill something first, but the maps and rpg range leaves no place for maneuver with infantry squad. So infantry got 2 nerfes compared to WEE: range and AP. I think two nerfes is too much.
2) arty looks a bit too fast reloading, a bit too arcade, a bit too accurate. It has no accuracy decrease with range - awfull thing.
3) copters: they are overpriced. Example 140 pts Super Cobra has 5 hp and will be killed with 80 pts airplane(no matter how much AA you had). Chernaya Akula with 2 atgm missiles (x-25 is cool but they being shoot into one target) and KA-50 has no armor with 135 pts cost and 5 hp - another prey for 80 pts airplane. Btw, why it has no armor? i saw the video where KA-50 cabin was holding few shoots of gsh-30, even with glass part!
4) maps - fields, fields, fields, atgms, atgms, atgms - we need some place for infantry w/o atgms in their hands.
5) Stability - 3 of 5 games being crashed and only Alt+F4 helps.
6) income is too high. Fights with random people became very positional. Fights in teams became very spammable - you push, having success - starting to spam, team who can focus on one flank, spamming everything they can on that position wins.
7) respawns are too close to the battle field or it's impression of high income.
8) As for me airplanes need sight range buff. Now they look like blind kittens.
9) vehicles like btr with such low range and low efficiency on their machine guns and such low price gonna become atgm catching meat shields again. Unload your infantry or just buy btrs w/o infantry and use them like meat! It's stupid.
Shade[SteelBalalaika]

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Re: Summing up my impressions

Postby Keinutnai » Sat 27 Apr 2013 02:14

You are right, high income only encourages spammers who send the units forwards from one flank without any strategy and simply steamroll one side.

I agree with most other points too.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Gryphon
Master Sergeant

Postby Gryphon » Sat 27 Apr 2013 10:42

Shade wrote:1) infantry.
2) arty.
3) copters.
4) maps.
5) stability.
6) income.
7) respawn points.
8) airplanes.
9) vehicle
1) Infantry has very realistic but unbalanced ranges(for gameplay). All that 500m RPG-7 could be used only in towns, that means no ambushes in forest/buildings near road. Flamethrowers with 300m range just a joke. The problem lies in that fact that you just waste your time for managing infantry but get no kills with it. If you prepared ambush you will just die, may be you will kill something first, but the maps and rpg range leaves no place for maneuver with infantry squad. So infantry got 2 nerfes compared to WEE: range and AP. I think two nerfes is too much.
2) arty looks a bit too fast reloading, a bit too arcade, a bit too accurate. It has no accuracy decrease with range - awfull thing.
3) copters: they are overpriced. Example 140 pts Super Cobra has 5 hp and will be killed with 80 pts airplane(no matter how much AA you had). Chernaya Akula with 2 atgm missiles (x-25 is cool but they being shoot into one target) and KA-50 has no armor with 135 pts cost and 5 hp - another prey for 80 pts airplane. Btw, why it has no armor? i saw the video where KA-50 cabin was holding few shoots of gsh-30, even with glass part!
4) maps - fields, fields, fields, atgms, atgms, atgms - we need some place for infantry w/o atgms in their hands.
5) Stability - 3 of 5 games being crashed and only Alt+F4 helps.
6) income is too high. Fights with random people became very positional. Fights in teams became very spammable - you push, having success - starting to spam, team who can focus on one flank, spamming everything they can on that position wins.
7) respawns are too close to the battle field or it's impression of high income.
8) As for me airplanes need sight range buff. Now they look like blind kittens.
9) vehicles like btr with such low range and low efficiency on their machine guns and such low price gonna become atgm catching meat shields again. Unload your infantry or just buy btrs w/o infantry and use them like meat! It's stupid.

6) Gee, just like real war, a "schwerpunkt". Furthermore, you can decimate incorrectly executed spams so easy with air power it's not even funny.

DarrickS
J'aime quand on me fait du mal

Postby DarrickS » Sat 27 Apr 2013 10:47

Keinutnai wrote:You are right, high income only encourages spammers who send the units forwards from one flank without any strategy and simply steamroll one side.

I agree with most other points too.

I'm curious to know how you were playing WEE.
What were your favorite settings?

For exemple, how you played a 3vs3 on WEE? Give me an exemple of your favourite settings plz.
Which map, how many starting points, victory conditions, etc, etc..

Shade wrote:7) respawns are too close to the battle field or it's impression of high income.

You never asked why now, we have tank CV for low price?
Maybe for blocking advanced ennemy spawn?
Past, past is far.

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Sat 27 Apr 2013 10:56

just buy btrs w/o infantry

Hopefully, we won't see this again.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Sat 27 Apr 2013 11:24

Why does the SuperCobra only have 5 hp when it was established a long time ago that 1 turbine = 5 hp, 2 turbines = 10 hp?

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 27 Apr 2013 11:31

Soundwolf776 wrote:

No, you can't get transport without infantry.

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Sat 27 Apr 2013 11:35

Thank you so much.

JuggernautOfWar
Command Sergeant Major

Postby JuggernautOfWar » Sat 27 Apr 2013 11:45

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Soundwolf776 wrote:

No, you can't get transport without infantry.

I hate to question you MadMat, but I have ordered many transport helicopters and APCs into the battle without infantry inside them.
Spoiler : Computer Specs :
Windows 8.1 x64
Core i7-4710MQ @ 2.50 - 3.50 GHz
8 GB DDR3
3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
1 TB HDD & 240 GB SSD
Yes, I have a gaming laptop.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”