Anti-Radar Missiles

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Re: Anti-Radar Missiles

Postby Keinutnai » Sat 27 Apr 2013 20:53

I dont like the additional micromanagement. I prefer when units can take care of themselves and don't require constant babysitting.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sat 27 Apr 2013 21:22

Keinutnai wrote:I dont like the additional micromanagement. I prefer when units can take care of themselves and don't require constant babysitting.

I think you just bought the wrong game then.

solvens
Major

Postby solvens » Sat 27 Apr 2013 21:30

Temujin wrote:Okay so it took me some time to figure out how to use the Jaguar's missiles. They fire against radar based units. So yeah it's very good... But, shouldn't they be able to fire even on unseen units?

In fact a SEAD plane can detect a radar unit at some distance (I think it's equivalent to the missile range), while other planes are completely blind when it comes to ground units.
So it can't fire on unseen units, but it see better. :)

Keinutnai wrote:I dont like the additional micromanagement. I prefer when units can take care of themselves and don't require constant babysitting.

Too bad that with the actual system (radar linked with weapon rather than unit) you can't have a shortcut to activate/desactivate all radars in your army

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Sat 27 Apr 2013 23:15

At least add a hotkey that can disable/enable all radars for all units with one button.

Darkmil wrote:

Probably, but Wargame European Escalation is creme de la creme. Needs practically no micromanagement compared to games such as WIC or Red Alert 3, where all units have special abilities and are braindead at the same time requiring you to babysit them and resulting in a crazy clickfest.

EE is less micro, more macro, I hoped ALB will follow in its shoes.
Last edited by Shifu on Sun 28 Apr 2013 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please do not use this color
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Gryphon
Master Sergeant

Postby Gryphon » Sun 28 Apr 2013 02:18

Col_Sandfurz wrote:The Jaguar is the only one for now, before the first patch E-Germany had an SEAD aircraft but that one was removed.
Afaik there will be SU-22M, Tornado, F-4G and maybe F-16 Wild Weasle + the existing Jaguar.
There may be more planes unknown to me.

Su-24 Fencer for sure. I expect the Prowler/Intruder to carry the HARM or Shrike. Su-17 and even Su-25T are also SEAD capable.

Temujin
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Temujin » Sun 28 Apr 2013 02:20

Keinutnai wrote:
Probably, but Wargame European Escalation is creme de la creme. Needs practically no micromanagement compared to games such as WIC or Red Alert 3, where all units have special abilities and are braindead at the same time requiring you to babysit them and resulting in a crazy clickfest.

EE is less micro, more macro, I hoped ALB will follow in its shoes.

I think ALB will be even more macro with better income and game speed.

guynumber7
Captain

Postby guynumber7 » Sun 28 Apr 2013 02:27

Gryphon wrote:
Col_Sandfurz wrote:The Jaguar is the only one for now, before the first patch E-Germany had an SEAD aircraft but that one was removed.
Afaik there will be SU-22M, Tornado, F-4G and maybe F-16 Wild Weasle + the existing Jaguar.
There may be more planes unknown to me.

Su-24 Fencer for sure. I expect the Prowler/Intruder to carry the HARM or Shrike. Su-17 and even Su-25T are also SEAD capable.

dont forget the F-4
youtube.com/guynumber7

wargame vids shall be put up

DarrickS
J'aime quand on me fait du mal

Postby DarrickS » Sun 28 Apr 2013 02:52

Darkmil wrote:

Or maybe its you what should try SC2.
Past, past is far.

doinwork34
Corporal

Postby doinwork34 » Sun 28 Apr 2013 03:01

In addition to SEAD, will we see planes that have any sort of chaff, flares, or other jamming techs? I think that would be pretty neat to see flaires and shiny chaff floating around as missiles tail off into them.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sun 28 Apr 2013 03:05

DarrickS wrote:
Darkmil wrote:

Or maybe its you what should try SC2.

apparently eugen disagrees. so go play some other game if turning something on or off is too much of a hassle for you. Or better yet, try screening with non-radar missiles like the tunguskas with the gun turned off or strelas. that would lend some credence to whatever imaginary vision of this game that you have.

In addition to SEAD, will we see planes that have any sort of chaff, flares, or other jamming techs? I think that would be pretty neat to see flaires and shiny chaff floating around as missiles tail off into them.

There will be Electronic warfare aircraft like the EF-111A SPARKVARK flying around, yes.
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”