Soviets Over-powered

OpusTheFowl
General

Re: Soviets Over-powered

Postby OpusTheFowl » Tue 30 Apr 2013 06:24

I'd just like to add that I really, really hate the BMPT...a lot...

Just had one do that lawnmower trick where it drivers through the forest like a fat (enter derogatory slur for a country you dislike) tourist blaring music, tossing garbage and absolutely savaging my infantry who were really just there minding their own business...

It's sad when you need to call in airstrikes against a 45 pt unit...*sob*

I totally blame one person...you know who you are...

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Tue 30 Apr 2013 15:21

If soviets are overpowered, how come most people prefer playing nato and nato wins most games?
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Tue 30 Apr 2013 15:25

Keinutnai wrote:If soviets are overpowered, how come most people prefer playing nato and nato wins most games?

Because most people like a challenge and don't opt for the easy route...

DarrickS
J'aime quand on me fait du mal

Postby DarrickS » Tue 30 Apr 2013 15:26

No one can say what BMPT doesnt need a nerf.
No infantery can stop them in forst or even in city..
Past, past is far.

Radioshow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Radioshow » Tue 30 Apr 2013 15:27

They're not OP but that BMPT is way to good at killing everything.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Radioshow is not a troll, he is our resident Doom Prophet.

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Tue 30 Apr 2013 15:46

This has been discussed already. People who are foolish enough to put their tanks near the BMPTs will have their tanks into a burning pile of scrap metal. BMPT should also be effective against infantry. The only thing needed is to make it more expensive. (55-65) Also you only get 4 of them.

I dont want to see Eugen nerfing this unit too hard it becomes borderline useless.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Tue 30 Apr 2013 15:47

Keinutnai wrote:If soviets are overpowered, how come most people prefer playing nato and nato wins most games?

Because NATO has cheaper units, and more of them.
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

Breadbox
Captain

Postby Breadbox » Wed 1 May 2013 10:26

Radioshow wrote:They're not OP but that BMPT is way to good at killing everything.

You have posted your first unbiased post which consists of 100% truth.I hereby extended my hand of peace and friendship,inviting you to join the slightly less biased part of the community.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Wed 1 May 2013 17:47

No idea, I have impression that WP wins most of the games.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Firesparks
Warrant Officer

Postby Firesparks » Thu 2 May 2013 07:00

wekwek_noob wrote:This has been discussed already. People who are foolish enough to put their tanks near the BMPTs will have their tanks into a burning pile of scrap metal. BMPT should also be effective against infantry. The only thing needed is to make it more expensive. (55-65) Also you only get 4 of them.

I dont want to see Eugen nerfing this unit too hard it becomes borderline useless.

the shortest range weapon on the bmpt have a range of 1750, which isn't that bad. It shouldn't even be able to stun tank considering it's only packing anti-infantry weapon.

Part of the soviet problem is the the russian deck have pretty much most of the best weapon in the game. They get the t-80u, the su 27, mig 29, su 34, smerch, buk etc. The only Nato deck that come close to the soviet is the US deck, but even then the US weaponry are still generally a bit a bit weaker than their soviet counterpart. The only US weapon that are actually better is the hellfire and the attack plane.

Access to the Russian prototype far out weight the penalty of not being able to use weaponry from other pact country. If anything they shouldn't get bonus to the unlock slot if they pick the russian deck.

using t80u, buk, su 27, smerch, etc gets boring. NATO national deck tends to get more flavor. how can you tell which side wins the most anyway? My personal experience is that the PACT tends to win more.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”