Czechoslovakia voices not realistic - feels wrong

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Czechoslovakia voices not realistic - feels wrong

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 29 Apr 2013 16:47

I was born in Czechoslovakia, and I am telling you. I don't feel I am playing for Czechoslovakia. I feel I play for Czech Republic after the break up!

Czechoslovak troops must speak Czech AND Slovak for authenticity! Now they speak only Czech and that's wrong! You are ignoring the existence of 33% citizens who do not speak Czech, making whole Czechoslovakia feel not authentic. This situation is not comparable to any other PACT or NATO country!

USSR uses only Russian in the high command, but Czechoslovakia uses both Czech and Slovak!

A friend of mine (a countryman), who I play a lot of W:EE asked me if in W:ALB Czechoslovakian troops finally speak Slovak. I said no. He was disappointed! He said that foreigners have no idea about Czechoslovak reality. He is right.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
In Czechoslovakia:
around 33% have Slovak as their mother tongue, learnt Slovak in school, always speak Slovak even with Czechs.
around 66% have Czech as their mother tongue, learnt Czech in school, always speak Czech even with Slovaks.

A Slovak will NEVER speak Czech, he never learnt it and there is absolutely no reason not to speak Slovak!

Czech and Slovak are almost identical languages. We understand each other 100%!
In Czechoslovakia army, everyone speaks their mothertongue as long as its Czech or Slovak

Even in Czechoslovakian movies showing the military you always had soldiers speaking Czech and Slovak. A Czechoslovak army without Slovak is like playing chess without black chess pieces!

Dear Eugen systems, please hang up an announcement at universities in France that you are looking for a Slovak voice actor, add the voice to the game and let 1/3 of all Czechoslovakia units speak Slovak.

This costs nothing and add immense immersion and realism!

PS: Czech voice actor sounds ok, but without a Slovak voice actor, it isn't Czechoslovakia we are fighting for.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not use GREEN text please

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Czechoslovakia voices not realistic - feels wrong

Postby orcbuster » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:14

Its too late, the deadline for sending in lines to the recording studios has passed. I should know, me and some other military guys have been helping them write lines for the norwegian soldiers

I asked about the same thing with norwegian accents, short answer is, if it means hiring more voiceactors pr faction it will not happen.
Viker for ingen!

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:38

orcbuster wrote:Its too late, the deadline for sending in lines to the recording studios has passed. I should know, me and some other military guys have been helping them write lines for the norwegian soldiers

I asked about the same thing with norwegian accents, short answer is, if it means hiring more voiceactors pr faction it will not happen.

Please keep your opinion to yourself when you don't even bother reading my post.
It's clear you only read the title and responding without even looking at my post.

If you read my post you would know the problem are not lines, but a missing language.
And regional dialects are completely unnecessary in Wargame. One language per nation is enough.
Czechoslovakia happens to be composed of 2 nations where both languages were used officialy in the military.
Last edited by Keinutnai on Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:43

no I did read it, I was just relaying info from a comparable standpoint. But if you refuse to take what I've said into consideration then thats your problem.
Viker for ingen!

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:44

Someone tell me how to say 'Facepalm' in Slovak...

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:45

Keinutnai wrote:
orcbuster wrote:Its too late, the deadline for sending in lines to the recording studios has passed. I should know, me and some other military guys have been helping them write lines for the norwegian soldiers

Please keep your opinion to yourself when you don't even bother reading my post.
It's clear you only read the title and responding without even looking at my post.

If you read my post you would know the problem are not lines, but a missing language.
And regional dialects are not comparable to Slovak missing in Czechoslovakia.

It is not his opinion, it is fact: he did help us with the Norwegian translation, so he knows the deadline has passed.

Besides, you've been answered about that before, there was no need doing another post about it.

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:47

orcbuster wrote:no I did read it, I was just relaying info from a comparable standpoint. But if you refuse to take what I've said into consideration then thats your problem.

I don't think it's comparable in any way. Again I say, the situation in Czechoslovakia cannot be compared to one of the other Pact or Nato nations.

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Keinutnai wrote:

And regional dialects are not comparable to Slovak missing in Czechoslovakia.

It is not his opinion, it is fact: he did help us with the Norwegian translation, so he knows the deadline has passed.

Besides, you've been answered about that before, there was no need doing another post about it.

I didn't say that what he said is wrong. What I said is that he didn't read what I wrote.

I have not mentioned about adding lines at all. Since he talked that adding lines deadline is over I assumed he didnt read my post.

Adding lines would not solve the problem if the reading voice actor would be Czech. A Slovak voice actor would be required.

Also, it's clear that Eugen isn't going to add Slovak in W:EE, but since W:ALB was is going to released very soon, there was no reason to think that they wouldn't fix it.
Last edited by Keinutnai on Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:51, edited 2 times in total.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:49

In WAB, there is no southern accent for the french voices.

I tell you, Eugen has no idea about the french reality! :|

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:52

Crotou wrote:In WAB, there is no southern accent for the french voices.

Relevancy?

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:53

Keinutnai wrote:
Crotou wrote:In WAB, there is no southern accent for the french voices.

Relevancy?

Comedy

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”