Air superiority and airspace denial

Whistler118
Sergeant Major

Re: Air superiority and airspace denial

Postby Whistler118 » Thu 2 May 2013 13:36

disagree. Otherwise unless you have a buk or I Hawk you are never going to kill the damn things. Careless players should be rewarded by the death of their plane

dimstog
Corporal

Postby dimstog » Thu 2 May 2013 13:39

wildweasel wrote:A10 are very slow and have bad ecm. So they should be able to withstand punishment.

The A6 are infamous about returning to base all shot up and I guess same goes for the A10. Point is, once they got hit by a homing AA missile, do they keep going like nothing happened or do they break off immediately ? And say the A6/A10 are specially sturdy aircraft (which they are), what about all the rest of the aircraft in the game - and I am not talking only about NATO aircraft either.

Random
Captain

Postby Random » Thu 2 May 2013 14:05

even if it would be realistic, I don`t think it would be good for the gameplay.

Rochcoach
Corporal

Postby Rochcoach » Thu 2 May 2013 20:43

I think maybe a formation options of [Evac at missile lock] (For when it's last plane and you need it) [Evac at missile hit] and [Stay on course]

this way you can control how they attack without having to babysit them!

NoneSuch
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby NoneSuch » Thu 2 May 2013 20:49

Rochcoach wrote:I think maybe a formation options of [Evac at missile lock] (For when it's last plane and you need it) [Evac at missile hit] and [Stay on course]

But baby sitting them is part of gameplay. You don't expect your t-80s to reverse backwards automatically when atgms start hitting them.

AntiCommie
Corporal

Postby AntiCommie » Thu 2 May 2013 23:05

I think this would be a bad change. There are plenty of accounts from real wars where planes were hit with SAMs and finished their mission.

if anything, I'd say add a critical hit that forced an evac. That should apply to the more powerful SAMs on 30-50% of hits.

cphoenix
Command Sergeant Major

Postby cphoenix » Fri 3 May 2013 07:51

NoneSuch wrote:
Rochcoach wrote:I think maybe a formation options of [Evac at missile lock] (For when it's last plane and you need it) [Evac at missile hit] and [Stay on course]

But baby sitting them is part of gameplay. You don't expect your t-80s to reverse backwards automatically when atgms start hitting them.

Yeah. That'd be weird, if they behaved like they were humans who can be rattled.

I'm a huge fan of at least giving us the option to control the AI behaviour a bit, so we can easily prioritize what's most important, survival or killing the target. And manage a few planes at once. But hell, I guess I'm weird in that I don't want to get into an actions-per-second battle with people, like in every-freaking-other-RTS. :(
AirLand Battle Strategy Guide

1. Have a CAP.
2. Always have a CAP.
3. If you don't have a CAP, get a CAP.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Fri 3 May 2013 07:57

Recently I have been air rushed. Enemy spawned like 6 tomcats, 12 F111 and so on. One of our players was hammered to smithens on the road leading from spawn to the central town on the Gavle.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant

Postby OmikronAnubis » Fri 3 May 2013 08:05

And then there comes a Raven, get shoot once and escapes right after directly? Or the A-10 getting unkillable because it can stand 4 shots and run away after one?
No thanks.
In reality no pilot would fly such missions where there is that much anti-air, as we have in w:ab. Even the picture above "just" shows direct hits out of gun-aa. A direct BUK-hit would look a bit differnt.

Scout for the air-defense capabilitys of your enemy and hold back your airforce or fly without any information and die. :roll:

Larkis
First Sergeant

Postby Larkis » Fri 3 May 2013 08:35

hav you ever played Digital Combat Simulator A10?

A did a lot and often the first rocket kill me, and hits from a AA-Gun often destroys bei TargetingPod or board computer.

So every time i got a missile warning or see flack firing on me, i spitting chaffs and flares, make a turnaround fly away and rant in TS over the SEAD Pilot which dont have done there job. :D