Lack of Diversity ruining the games immersion. (content)

Cross
Chief Warrant Officer

Lack of Diversity ruining the games immersion. (content)

Postby Cross » Fri 3 May 2013 17:01

Already answered: US already had the Chinook, adding the Sea knight would have bring nothing different. So indeed the Marines should come with it, but is that worth spending time on just a different skin for pretty much the same vehicle while we can do actual new ones.
We've decided against it.
Same goes for the CH-53.

I have asked multiple times why there are missing units from the RAF's Jet force and Luftwaffers Jet Force. And not one dev has gotten back to me. Simply stating they have "decided against it".

What I and probably every other person who plays the game wants to know is Why?? new things are nice but why? theres content that can be just copyed to another deck and resprayed in national colors.

Surely it wont take long for you guys to assign said unit to other nations and give it a texture job as a post release patch?

Sincerely
Cross

A poll for you guys to vote on.
http://poll.pollcode.com/yy6go

agroq

Re: Lack of Diversity ruining the games immersion. (content)

Postby agroq » Fri 3 May 2013 17:06

And why don't you select the model you want without having care of the nation, then imagine that it is a model of the nation you want to play...
700 unit is well enought nope?

NoneSuch
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby NoneSuch » Fri 3 May 2013 17:07

agroq wrote:And why don't you select the model you want without having care of the nation, then imagine that it is a model of the nation you want to play...

But it's not the exact specific unit he WANTS and the developers have to cater to his needs even if less than 10 people would notice it.

Gustave
Corporal

Postby Gustave » Fri 3 May 2013 17:09

Looks like the more units are added, the more people are complaining. Eugen should just make a few generic units like in world in conflict, "heavy tank" "attack helo" etc.

Cross
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cross » Fri 3 May 2013 17:10

Ahh you miss the point.
Its not Just ME that wants it look at the forums The germans and the marine geeks even the brits are all lacking content thats already in game.

People don't want to have to play as a NATO deck we want our bonuses and the stuff that should be there.
If they could do it with BTR 60's pact EE then why cant it be done with units in ALB?

But no i'm selfish for pointing that out for the community.
Last edited by Cross on Fri 3 May 2013 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Fri 3 May 2013 17:11

agroq wrote:And why don't you select the model you want without having care of the nation, then imagine that it is a model of the nation you want to play...

The issue is they are using nation-specific decks for a bonus and thus can't get their XYZ. That and some people just want their XYZ in appropriate colors.

I assume Eugen made a base texture to apply markings and camouflage to. It probably isn't difficult but with X days till release, we will likely just see them as free DLC after they see sales.

diana olympos
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby diana olympos » Fri 3 May 2013 17:21

Strangely there is no french wanting ground attack jets, but we still lacking it...

Seems that once again french guys are the smarter across the board...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

troublmaker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby troublmaker » Fri 3 May 2013 17:22

I never thought I would see the day that in a game with 750 units there is a complaint about lack of diversity.

Panzeh
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Panzeh » Fri 3 May 2013 17:23

Well, part of the penalty for picking a national deck is that you don't get certain things. Sacrifices have to be made. You don't have to pick bonuses, you know.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 3 May 2013 17:36

The problem isn't that no dev answer, for I've done it on several occasion for the last 48h, like here:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:All nations aren't supposed to have everything ... but for the USA & URSS, but within out time period, is that surprising or wrong?

All other "minor" nations have perks & flaws.
Yes, France have SEAD ... but no cluster nor napalm, although in the latter case we should be rightly entitled to, for we were the first massive user (Indochina and, not to our glory, Algeria) and for sure the biggest ever user after the USA (yet I don't know if the Soviets used it extensively in Afghanistan).
The Luftwaffe has cluster, and the cheapest carrier at that, but no SEAD nor napalm.
UK has two cluster planes, and one of the best interceptor, but no SEAD nor napalm.
Poland has napalm, but no cluster nor SEAD.
LSK has both cluster & SEAD, but no napalm ... Well, they had to be good somewhere.

Nations are not supposed to be mirrored in every way.

but the fact that you won't stop complaining whatever we say. So why should we bother explaining anymore?

About the Bundeswehr:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
MARDER wrote:No M109 upgrades or at least one?

But two heavy mortars and two MLRS instead.

MARDER wrote:No man pad unit?

Well, you wouldn't be the only nations with no MANPAD but fairly good mechanized AAA/SAM.

MARDER wrote:No MAN truck as carrier?

Nope, nor Czechoslovakia or East-Germany has T813/T815, USSR Ural-4320, ... as transport.
Trucks are meant to provide a cheap transport.

MARDER wrote:No Phantom?

Well, not from what I'm seing, although I'm not the resident plane expert.

MARDER wrote:So will be there more or was this all?I know I sound greedy and unsatisfied, but somehow I miss there some units that shod be in.

As said above, all the 800 units out of the 750 promised are there.
Well, I don't have the EBR-90, nor the AMX-10 PAC, or the P4 SAS, nor the VAB RASIT, ... so I make do.

We've only modeled 800 units out of the tenth of thousands there are IRL, so of course many more are missing. I could name dozens of French units I'd like to add, but I make do with what I have ...
Choices had to be made, and we gave each country a different "taste". Germany is the tank heavy, but less powerful in the air. I can understand they miss some planes, but they've got the best of tanks, and quite a lot actually.

Yet I had trouble grasping the bickering about the RAF, which is undoubtedly the best air force outside USA & USSR. SEAD or not SEAD.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”