Make Arty More Powerful

johnyoga
Sergeant

Make Arty More Powerful

Postby johnyoga » Mon 6 May 2013 05:37

Over and over I see the same theme: Stacked T80Us with AA behind them, sprinkled with some Helios plowing down the battlefield. Woods are arty-burned down by the PACT players so you can't get sideways on tanks, and really it is GG.

The cure? Make arty more powerful. Make it actually destroy things, not just STUN tanks, etc. I fire over and over on ANYTHING, right on its head, and I barely get a point increase. This is absurd.

If you don't increase the power of Arty, you see this game end up like WEE, a vast, empty battlefield of no servers being filled in a matter of a half-year...

Regards,

Marc

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Make Arty More Powerful

Postby orcbuster » Mon 6 May 2013 05:41

Then you're not timing it right. with the proper timing arty will tip the scales in your favour.
Viker for ingen!

Skyenet
First Sergeant

Postby Skyenet » Mon 6 May 2013 05:44

Additionally, I just realized something.

For less than the cost of 4 T-80Us, I can field 6 F-111D Aardvarks. It doesn't really matter how much AA you bring, I am still going to bag your T-80Us if I play it right. And my deck has 8 F-111s and SEAD, while you only get 4 T-80Us :P

To stay more on topic:
Artillery is amazing in supporting assaults, it is terrible for single handedly stopping 4 T-80Us.

LJFHutch
Master Sergeant

Postby LJFHutch » Mon 6 May 2013 05:48

MLRS on the T80s, smoke behind to screen off their ATGM, M1A1s racing out of the woods. Dead T80s.

Just remember to do one extra thing I forgot to; bring AA :D

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Mon 6 May 2013 06:04

Skyenet wrote:Additionally, I just realized something.

For less than the cost of 4 T-80Us, I can field 6 F-111D Aardvarks. It doesn't really matter how much AA you bring, I am still going to bag your T-80Us if I play it right. And my deck has 8 F-111s and SEAD, while you only get 4 T-80Us :P

To stay more on topic:
Artillery is amazing in supporting assaults, it is terrible for single handedly stopping 4 T-80Us.

How the heck can you field 6 F-111Ds? You only get a max of 4 to a deck...

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Mon 6 May 2013 06:13

shomu1 wrote:
Skyenet wrote:Additionally, I just realized something.

To stay more on topic:

How the heck can you field 6 F-111Ds? You only get a max of 4 to a deck...

Era bouns ftw!

Btw. may I throw an idea in the room.

Me and some folks of the DAY squad Some folks of DAY squad and me were discussing arty lately and we came up with this.
How would it be if arty stays in its current status of damage dealing but would inflict treats like detracking?
I dont know if it alredy does, if so it either happens very rarely and the chance should be increased or I just dont recognize it : P

Shrapnels from artilleryfire can easily damage a tanks tracks (or ather tracked or also wheeled vehicles).

What do you think about that?

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Mon 6 May 2013 06:44

I dont have problems fighting aganst t80u, but arty should kill tanks.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

johnyoga
Sergeant

Postby johnyoga » Mon 6 May 2013 06:51

LJFHutch wrote:MLRS on the T80s, smoke behind to screen off their ATGM, M1A1s racing out of the woods. Dead T80s.

Just remember to do one extra thing I forgot to; bring AA :D

Ahh...Now this may do the trick!

Thanks!

Marc

renorzeta
Command Sergeant Major

Postby renorzeta » Mon 6 May 2013 06:55

for me it shoud buff when firing on building

johnyoga
Sergeant

Thank You!

Postby johnyoga » Mon 6 May 2013 06:55

Keinutnai wrote:I dont have problems fighting aganst t80u, but arty should kill tanks.

Yes, it should, or, at least be able to blow out their tracks...

I get that in WEE arty was overpowered, but, really, making them useless in this version makes them next to worthless. Let's see them become more powerful, more useful, but not have them crazy OP where they destroy the game mechanics...

By the way, THANK YOU to all that have responded quickly! I appreciate it. When I see this happen again to myself or a teammate, I will give some ideas for defense against the Ruskie Tank Hurd...

Marc

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”