US Tank Lineup

Velico
Sergeant First-Class

US Tank Lineup

Postby Velico » Wed 8 May 2013 07:02

Just curious what other people use in their US tank deck. My current lineup is M1A1, M1, MBT-70, M60E2 Starship, M60 Rise Patton.

I used to be a huge fan of the Rise Patton in EE, but it seems a lot crappier in this game. I use the Starships early for defending an area, then get a couple Patton's to support/assault where needed, then upgrade to MBT-70s and M1's and call the M1A1's on if necessary.

I haven't been impressed by any of the Patton's in the game. In EE they felt much more effective, but so far for me they get chewed up by comparable Russian tanks (cost wise) like the T-55 AM2 and to a lesser extent the T-62 1975. I have relegated most of my patton's to ambush from treeline and hedgerow's since their accuracy is mediocre and Russian ATGM's have good range. I rarely push with them until I bring out the M1's because of how quickly they die.

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: US Tank Lineup

Postby Graphic » Wed 8 May 2013 07:10

I mainly use M1A1s, M60A3s, MBT-70s, and then sometimes some RISE Pattons.
k

nAssailant
Private First-Class

Postby nAssailant » Wed 8 May 2013 07:15

My US Armored Deck consists of M1A1s, M1IPs, & M1s, supported by Starships and MBT-70's. I used to swear by the Pattons in EE as well (robust, cheap tanks able to effectively engage virtually all non-heavy PACT ground targets), but after playing a few rounds in the beta I discovered that they are pretty much useless against anything but soft PACT targets (and they usually get ripped apart almost immediately upon being seen).

First post ever, considering my membership on these forums for over a year. :oops:

Kin-Luu
Captain

Postby Kin-Luu » Wed 8 May 2013 07:38

My Tank lineup for us is: M1A1 x1, M1IP x2, M70 x1.
I feel that the IP is the tank with the best price efficiency for US, and 24 is more than enough to do, what I need them to - to stop PACT light and medium tank rushes.

Yuibernd
Sergeant Major

Postby Yuibernd » Wed 8 May 2013 11:59

When I play my US Armoured deck I completely rely on an Abrams and Bradley combo.

Velico
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Velico » Wed 8 May 2013 21:18

@ Kin and Yuib - Do you guys do well starting with those strats? Seems really expensive and limited in ground control. I do well with my Rise Pattons early, MBT-70s mid, and Abrams late game. I'll give it a try out of sheer interest, but I don't see myself adopting that play-style.

@ Assailant - Yeah, I feel you on that. It's a little disappointing just how bad the Pattons are. Not real sure why, their stats are pretty well-rounded compared to all other tanks in their respective cost tier. Mine seem to get one-shot very often head-on from comparable tanks.

@ Graphic - Do you use the M60A3's to start or in support of your M1's?

I've generally been starting (with ~1k resources) 4 Rise Pattons, 4 Riflemen in M113 Dragons, 4 stinger inf, 2 M150s, a Chappy, Rangers in Hueys, and the Humvee recon with the gatling gun.

What are your guys' starts, and do you tend to do well with them?

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Wed 8 May 2013 21:21

M1A1s, M1IP, and the Super M60. I use my infantry and armored personnel carriers at the start of the game as well as a single bomber, then call up the M1A1s as my first reinforcement if I haven't lost too much infantry.

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Wed 8 May 2013 21:22

Velico wrote:@ Graphic - Do you use the M60A3's to start or in support of your M1's?

To start, and then in support of M1A1s when I bring those in.

I don't call in super expensive tanks to begin with, because I don't want them sitting around where they might get scouted and bum-rushed by cheap cluster bombers, medium tanks or artillery. So I wait until they're needed and then call them.
k

NoneSuch
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby NoneSuch » Wed 8 May 2013 21:23

Super M60 is crazy expensive for something with such incredibly low front armour. The side armour and top armour just isn't worth it when you'll get blown up by a million ATGMS in the face when trying to attack anyway.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 8 May 2013 21:29

I use sheridans

because I can :lol: (and that ATGM count is nice)
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”