People reporting other people for insults

skept3k
Corporal

Re: People reporting other people for insults

Postby skept3k » Wed 8 May 2013 20:03

"I do too, it's a video game, relax! "

Indeed it's a video game, what does trolling and abusing people in chat have to do with playing a video game? Nothing.

Add a mute/ignore player option, problem solved.
Follow me on Twitch and subscribe to my Youtube channel for live Wargames gameplay and commentary.
Skept3k Gaming Twitch Stream
http://twitch.tv/skept3k
Youtube Channel
http://youtube.com/skept3k

FR.Popeye
Corporal

Postby FR.Popeye » Wed 8 May 2013 20:13

Yuibernd wrote:Where can I report the noobs ruining my games?

To your mom ... she will wash your diaper ;)

Thanks firmus for helping me but as you can see the forums is full of people who want to be seen fine by the moderator in hope they will be moderator one day....
I'm afraid that this kind of reports rules will end bad

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Wed 8 May 2013 20:14

skept3k wrote:"I do too, it's a video game, relax! "

Indeed it's a video game, what does trolling and abusing people in chat have to do with playing a video game? Nothing.

Add a mute/ignore player option, problem solved.

Grow some skin, problem solved. ;)
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

FR.Popeye
Corporal

Postby FR.Popeye » Wed 8 May 2013 20:19

Btw that is fun to see people complaining about those who ruin their game so they report them ... but in this case what are they doing ? they are ruining the game of those who ruin their game by being as immature than them... What a lack of maturity ( what if i told you that you can be funny to people by trolling ???)
Grew up instead of report

FirmusPiett
Lieutenant

Postby FirmusPiett » Wed 8 May 2013 20:29

FR.Popeye wrote:

Thanks firmus for helping me but as you can see the forums is full of people who want to be seen fine by the moderator in hope they will be moderator one day....

Lol! No problem.
And nice post just above ^^. It's true. Why should their immaturity be seen as more accepable than anybody else's? Pfft, double standards much. I honestly couldn't care less if someone has something rude to say to me in-game but to get me blacklisted; I consider that a major offence.

Btw thank you Opus for being a sensible and objective admin with a good point to make; the filters are a great idea. I think that maybe people on the forum could compile those lists of forbidden words perhaps, with of course an exception made to the no swearing policy for that thread :lol: ? Just because if Eugen hasn't the time to be doing such things then they could always turn to their faithful community.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Wed 8 May 2013 20:32

FirmusPiett wrote:
FR.Popeye wrote:

Lol! No problem.
And nice post just above ^^. It's true. Why should their immaturity be seen as more accepable than anybody else's? Pfft, double standards much. I honestly couldn't care less if someone has something rude to say to me in-game but to get me blacklisted; I consider that a major offence.

Btw thank you Opus for being a sensible and objective admin with a good point to make; the filters are a great idea. I think that maybe people on the forum could compile those lists of forbidden words perhaps, with of course an exception made to the no swearing policy for that thread :lol: ? Just because if Eugen hasn't the time to be doing such things then they could always turn to their faithful community.

The hard part isn't the list of words to filter.

The hard part is making a filter that filters words.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Wed 8 May 2013 20:40

katt wrote:The hard part isn't the list of words to filter.

I'm pretty certain that there are "profanity" databse available on the internet :lol:
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

IR0NMIKE 6
Warrant Officer

Postby IR0NMIKE 6 » Wed 8 May 2013 21:06

This is why the rating agencies say what they say about online interactions (in the US anyway):

"Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB" - Warns those who intend to play the game online about possible exposure to chat (text, audio, video) or other types of user-generated content (e.g., maps, skins) that have not been considered in the ESRB rating assignment
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Basically, if you don't want to be "insulted" or whatever online, then don't go online (or at least don't expect anyone to do anything about it). Of course hacking or cheating is a different story.

NoneSuch
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby NoneSuch » Wed 8 May 2013 21:11

Why would you care about a black list? It has no effect on anything

FirmusPiett wrote:I have received a lot of insults in-game (through EE and ALB). Maybe some were racist/xenophobic (I honestly don't care to remember) and others may have been down to my own mistakes; some other's mistakes and other insults may have come about as a result of misunderstandings. Either way I have never felt the need to report anybody for it. So why should I or anybody else become subject to victimisation for one little action which does not in any way represent their normal behaviour just because somebody feels insecure or closeted enough to bother reporting it?

Also, the entire "The true victims are the bullys/racist/homophobes bluh bluh" stuff is hilarious.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Wed 8 May 2013 21:42

DeuZerre wrote:
katt wrote:The hard part isn't the list of words to filter.

I'm pretty certain that there are "profanity" databse available on the internet :lol:

Read what I posted again. You have it switched around.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”