Lets talk CANADA

Bacon
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Lets talk CANADA

Postby Bacon » Tue 21 May 2013 20:27

Just to bring the issue up again, has Canada gotten much more viable since the last few patches?

It seems that they've gotten some considerable buffs, but I haven't gotten enough games in to say whether it's really made a difference.

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Tue 21 May 2013 20:29

More seriously : ADATS got +50% availability and faster AA missile
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Tue 21 May 2013 21:17

I would suggest adding 1 (qty) for the LEPC1 HQ unit as only having 1 now for a slot is kinda pointless...changing the CF18 to 2 for one slot as opposed to 1 for 1 slot (x2).

Haven't tried the ADATS since the patch but little makes me want to use it...

Canada has lots of issues but I am all for them...we are small and should not be able to stand toe-to-toe with CCCP.

artemas
Sergeant First-Class

Postby artemas » Tue 21 May 2013 21:38

did you just +1 your own post?

canada seems more viable. ADATS improvements have helped, and infantry is better, as well air power is more useful, so canada has a better and more versatile tool there. Actual survivability of infantry on the offense is still not great with poorly armed cougars, and tanks.... i guess are better? Seems about as useless as ever they were.

But the shift from AA to air superiority, and the improvement of ADATS has definitely alleviated the most crippling weakness of canada.

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Tue 21 May 2013 22:15

OpusTheFowl wrote:I would suggest adding 1 (qty) for the LEPC1 HQ unit as only having 1 now for a slot is kinda pointless...changing the CF18 to 2 for one slot as opposed to 1 for 1 slot (x2).

Haven't tried the ADATS since the patch but little makes me want to use it...

Canada has lots of issues but I am all for them...we are small and should not be able to stand toe-to-toe with CCCP.

The missiles could still use some speed I hear. Plus it's SACLOS, which means that when it loses sight of the plane, the missile just flies off, unlike most AA which are F&F. I'd also raise the availability to 8. While it got buffed, the only other Canadian AA, the lousy Blowpipes got nerfed to oblivion (as if they weren't bad enough already), 'tis a sad day.

The CF-188 still needs a buff price & availability wise, and the tanks as well. That one extra Leo top armor won't help in fighting against tanks.
ImageImage

Covert-141
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Covert-141 » Wed 22 May 2013 00:15

Posted this a while ago but it seems that no one read it (just like the post about ADATS only having 5 hp, shaking my head), why is the Canadian M151A2 Tow Jeep $35 when the exact same unit for US is $20?

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Wed 22 May 2013 00:19

Canada is doing a lot better. Still think they could use a unit with exceptional optics. Pathfinders would be my choice (keeping with the new theme of well-trained infantry).
k

Belesarius
Corporal

Postby Belesarius » Wed 22 May 2013 02:20

I just made a post in the general forum in regards to the CF-188. I think a version that is a dedicated Air to air platform should be available, armed with Sparrows and 'Winders.

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Wed 22 May 2013 03:14

Belesarius wrote:I just made a post in the general forum in regards to the CF-188. I think a version that is a dedicated Air to air platform should be available, armed with Sparrows and 'Winders.

I disagree. While one could make the argument that a dedicated fighter version would buff Canada's capabilities in the '85 realm, it is buffing for the sake of buffing. IRL, we run so few planes that they truly need to be multi-roll. While a CF-18 is great in the AS roll, we need it to be both, all the time...so wouldn't WAB reflect that?

I would suggest changing out the Sidewiders for Sparrows though...

artemas
Sergeant First-Class

Postby artemas » Wed 22 May 2013 03:36

uh

we rearm at base for the mission dude

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”