Norwegian AA

Gurkha
Staff Sergeant

Re: Norwegian AA

Postby Gurkha » Sat 11 May 2013 16:37

Bonk wrote:dont play as a minor nation in 1v1 if you want to do good in every regard.

by choosing to lock your nationality you choose to cripple yourself.

sure its frustrating if you realy want to play as your own nation for example and they suck at certain things but thats how it works sadly

But that does not need to be how it works. If you were to receive a availability bonus for selecting the minor players it would make them much more playable.

Or perhaps if Eugen would give them systems that they had in real life. Like HAWK missles and aircraft that could preform strike missions with actual you know bombs? I'm looking at you Sweden.

Maxnwil
First Sergeant

Postby Maxnwil » Sat 11 May 2013 17:36

Bonk wrote:dont play as a minor nation in 1v1 if you want to do good in every regard.

by choosing to lock your nationality you choose to cripple yourself.

sure its frustrating if you realy want to play as your own nation for example and they suck at certain things but thats how it works sadly

Well it was a 1v1 vs AI, so I figured I'd be okay. I can't imagine anyone going Norway in a ranked 1v1, haha

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant

Postby OmikronAnubis » Sat 11 May 2013 17:47

I had serious trouble with norway in a match with a friend of me also. He was denmark, me norway, our airdefense was... not too good. If you play in this constelation against soviet-strong-decks then you might have no chance to do anything. Mi-28 have a greater range with their rockets then your anti-air units, you have no anti-radar-plane to kill their buks. Suck a situation is tremendous and to be honest i got no good answer for your so far. Obviously you have to hide your AA and usually, as soon as you have shoot down something from the enemy, relocate your anti-air or its doomed.
Vice versa you will have serious trouble against an average us-player as a minor-pact nation also.

So while the T80's overroll your sweet little leopards and the mig31 shoot down your "airforce" if they are not brought down bei buks you can't face strong enemys this way.

As i said:
relocate your anti-air after you think the enemy might know where they are
In general you cant play to offensive as minor nations most of the time if you want to win, build traps and invite them to drive in. And then kill em. Face to face its hopeless, but in ambushes minor nations tend to shine. Because when the enemys armor do not help them, when the airplanes flew over your airdefense without any harm just to get shoot down by the next flyover... Then your army will shine. 8-)

Bonk
Master Sergeant

Postby Bonk » Sat 11 May 2013 18:06

Gurkha wrote:
But that does not need to be how it works. If you were to receive a availability bonus for selecting the minor players it would make them much more playable.

Or perhaps if Eugen would give them systems that they had in real life. Like HAWK missles and aircraft that could preform strike missions with actual you know bombs? I'm looking at you Sweden.

the minor nations are playable :) they are just not suited for soloplay or every single situation. and you already get more activation points. as i said its frustrating if your chosen nations lacks a certain thing but i dont think theres much to be done. eugen stated that they wont be adding new units anytime soon. a buff in availability (as in 6 instead of 4 aa units) could work tho

another approach could be to introduce a new nation...scandinavia. you get units of all the three states and a smaller activation points bonus. but that still leaves canada utterly useless :D

rocksoldier
Corporal

Postby rocksoldier » Sat 11 May 2013 18:09

what really drive me crazy is that all PACT nations have load of good SAMs (they all have BUKs, Strela, ecc)

i play PACT so that's not a big problem for me but i think that minor NATO should have more avaliability for their SAM
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Sat 11 May 2013 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

Bonk
Master Sergeant

Postby Bonk » Sat 11 May 2013 18:25

kubs are decent but have a low accuracy compared to the soviet buk m1 . but yeah at least they all got radar and infrared aa

Gurkha
Staff Sergeant

Postby Gurkha » Sat 11 May 2013 18:38

Bonk wrote:
Gurkha wrote:

the minor nations are playable :) they are just not suited for soloplay or every single situation. and you already get more activation points. as i said its frustrating if your chosen nations lacks a certain thing but i dont think theres much to be done. eugen stated that they wont be adding new units anytime soon. a buff in availability (as in 6 instead of 4 aa units) could work tho

another approach could be to introduce a new nation...scandinavia. you get units of all the three states and a smaller activation points bonus. but that still leaves canada utterly useless :D

I play that ways anyways. I have a couple Scandinavian decks, or Nordic Fury decks, where I simply use Scandinavian units. That deck is vastly more playable then even my Swedish deck. However if that's the case..... why use national bonuses at all. If all the activation points in the world are not going to make a country at least viable in in solo... well whats the point of them. After all complete lack AA is hardly a feature that 95% of players are going to want. Nor is low availability of critical units as in your already meager AA, ATGM units etc. and access to the S103C doesn't make up for these afore mentioned deficiencies. Ive pointed this out before Sweden has 24 ATGM units total. To counter potentially 76 high end MBT's. There is really no amount of good tactics on your side that can fight that. Your opponent has to be massively inept for you to win especially since the current state of INF their personal short range AT stuff might as well be spit balls.

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Sat 11 May 2013 18:40

OmikronAnubis wrote:I had serious trouble with norway in a match with a friend of me also. He was denmark, me norway, our airdefense was... not too good. If you play in this constelation against soviet-strong-decks then you might have no chance to do anything. Mi-28 have a greater range with their rockets then your anti-air units, you have no anti-radar-plane to kill their buks. Suck a situation is tremendous and to be honest i got no good answer for your so far. Obviously you have to hide your AA and usually, as soon as you have shoot down something from the enemy, relocate your anti-air or its doomed.
Vice versa you will have serious trouble against an average us-player as a minor-pact nation also.

So while the T80's overroll your sweet little leopards and the mig31 shoot down your "airforce" if they are not brought down bei buks you can't face strong enemys this way.

As i said:
relocate your anti-air after you think the enemy might know where they are
In general you cant play to offensive as minor nations most of the time if you want to win, build traps and invite them to drive in. And then kill em. Face to face its hopeless, but in ambushes minor nations tend to shine. Because when the enemys armor do not help them, when the airplanes flew over your airdefense without any harm just to get shoot down by the next flyover... Then your army will shine. 8-)

DAN has HAWK, surely that outranges Mi-28? \:
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant

Postby OmikronAnubis » Sat 11 May 2013 18:59

katt wrote:DAN has HAWK, surely that outranges Mi-28? \:

True, my fault... Hm... i wonder why he didnt brought these O_o
shall ask him later :D
maybe to much anti-radar planes, i dont know...

but norway remains with shortrange antiair ;)

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”