Nerf income, decrease availability

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 19:42
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby OmikronAnubis » Sat 11 May 2013 17:29

As i mentioned earlier i do favour an option to scale the income. So everyone can choose between low (EE), med, high (AB) income and its fine.
Also, i do play quit often total destruction without timelimit and i enjoy these games very much while i seldom run out of units, ususally one side wins cleary.
The reasons are easy: I had to much games about points where in my humble opinion the match wasnt really over, but it ended way to fast.
So i dont see a need for a general increase of the aviability, i just had issues with the premade decks at the start of beta, but with my own decks i dont have such problems. But i have to say some nato-nations tend to be very low on usefull anti-air what i do not like that much. So while i tend to be against a general aviability-increase some minor nations for nato should have minor increases for some anti-air units :roll:

User avatar
Arch
Lieutenant
Posts: 1146
Joined: Sat 11 May 2013 13:13
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby Arch » Sat 11 May 2013 17:32

OmikronAnubis wrote:As i mentioned earlier i do favour an option to scale the income. So everyone can choose between low (EE), med, high (AB) income and its fine.
Also, i do play quit often total destruction without timelimit and i enjoy these games very much while i seldom run out of units, ususally one side wins cleary.
The reasons are easy: I had to much games about points where in my humble opinion the match wasnt really over, but it ended way to fast.
So i dont see a need for a general increase of the aviability, i just had issues with the premade decks at the start of beta, but with my own decks i dont have such problems. But i have to say some nato-nations tend to be very low on usefull anti-air what i do not like that much. So while i tend to be against a general aviability-increase some minor nations for nato should have minor increases for some anti-air units :roll:


I agree fully.

The Roland is getting buffed, due to historical accuracy, which is great.

In Total Destruction, I have found that NATO is not at a disadvantage, and that's great.

I really think that we should remove points destruction/tweak it and we should give adjustable income.
That would be perfect, and would remove the stupid WW1 gameplay.

User avatar
Custer85
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu 2 Aug 2012 13:36
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby Custer85 » Sat 11 May 2013 18:02

A very tactical game with very interesting gunfights tends to escalate into spam and counterspam as more and more spare income builds up.

User avatar
REDDQ
General
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 03:13
Location: przy stole.
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby REDDQ » Sat 11 May 2013 18:57

Income is FINE as it is. WALB is way more better than WEE because of it.

In WEE there was: artillery stalemates, unit sniping, artillery sniping, 20 minutes of waiting to buy something, CV hunting.

In WALB we have: many advanced units on the field instead of Vet2 ZHALOs and other crap, infantry in actual IFVs, whole platoons instead of fighting single units, combined arms.



I do not know what do you expect? Rushes and counter-rushes, Spams and counter spams... well if you imagine war to be few units trying to snipe each other from max distance then you chose a wrong one. Set a timer and enjoy :D

User avatar
pok
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu 8 Sep 2011 14:21
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby pok » Sat 11 May 2013 19:18

have many topic about this, but i think most of us get use to income. I agreed with REDDQ

User avatar
DiabloTigerSix
Colonel
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 21:06
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Sat 11 May 2013 19:19

REDDQ wrote:Income is FINE as it is. WALB is way more better than WEE because of it.

In WEE there was: artillery stalemates, unit sniping, artillery sniping, 20 minutes of waiting to buy something, CV hunting.

In WALB we have: many advanced units on the field instead of Vet2 ZHALOs and other crap, infantry in actual IFVs, whole platoons instead of fighting single units, combined arms.



I do not know what do you expect? Rushes and counter-rushes, Spams and counter spams... well if you imagine war to be few units trying to snipe each other from max distance then you chose a wrong one. Set a timer and enjoy :D

I strongly disagree. Yes, in WALB we always have everything we need? Is that supposed to be fun? Because in my book that just limits the amount of predictions&decisions you have to make. If you wanted big battles in W:EE, you could've just increase the starting points, but some people prefered to play with fewer units, micromanaging them carefully. I W:ALB, you don't have that choice.

Furthermore, who told you that stalemates and pauses were a bad thing? They create necessary tension between decisive confrontation. They greatly contribute to giving every battle its own story and give the player a room to think about his next moves. Having a battle there 24/7 is tedious, boring and much less interesting.

User avatar
REDDQ
General
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 03:13
Location: przy stole.
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby REDDQ » Sat 11 May 2013 19:31

DiabloTigerSix wrote:I strongly disagree. Yes, in WALB we always have everything we need? Is that supposed to be fun? Because in my book that just limits the amount of predictions&decisions you have to make. If you wanted big battles in W:EE, you could've just increase the starting points, but some people prefered to play with fewer units, micromanaging them carefully. I W:ALB, you don't have that choice.

You make decision when you are creating deck, not in battle. It is logic that commander will expect to use everything he brought with him. Income is just catalyst over here deciding how fast you will be getting your units.

Please, the only big battles I had were 20 000 points made by Ikalugin.



DiabloTigerSix wrote:Furthermore, who told you that stalemates and pauses were a bad thing? They create necessary tension between decisive confrontation. They greatly contribute to giving every battle its own story and give the player a room to think about his next moves. Having a battle there 24/7 is tedious, boring and much less interesting.

Different strokes for different people I suppose.

For me stalemates were a terrible, boring and completely not interesting experience. Pauses? Thinking over decisions? I had them here as well. But I also have a big chunk of solid fight. And I do not need to wait entire hour to get one.

Wasabi
First Sergeant
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2012 03:44
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby Wasabi » Sat 11 May 2013 19:35

+1 for less income
"Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy."
General Patton

User avatar
Arch
Lieutenant
Posts: 1146
Joined: Sat 11 May 2013 13:13
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby Arch » Sat 11 May 2013 19:48

Custer85 wrote:A very tactical game with very interesting gunfights tends to escalate into spam and counterspam as more and more spare income builds up.


This is what I mean.

After I get my main group up and in position after replacing losses, I will still have a few points left over to use for whatever crap.

Knight_gambit
Corporal
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon 29 Apr 2013 23:54
Contact:

Re: Nerf income, decrease availability

Postby Knight_gambit » Sat 18 May 2013 16:51

+100 for OPTIONS to regulate cap zone income

However, I can imagine that more arcade oriented players rather like to have everything immediately available fast and would get bored if the game gave them time to think.

For these players low money and force to space ratio must be as boring in a game as the current settings are to the rest of the players.

Since we want Eugen to get their money as well lets vote for OPTIONS to decrease the money you get out of each cap zone!

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests