ALB the death of the spam

zach5421
Corporal

ALB the death of the spam

Postby zach5421 » Sat 11 May 2013 17:02

So my pc broke a while ago so I could not play ALB or EE but I have watched videos of ALB gameplay from this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/ICBMRaptor2 and I was able to get on a working Pc with EE on it so I started it up and played a match. towards the end my team was winning and when I checked what my teammate was doing he was in the enemy's 2nd to last zone with between 15-30 Hinds. It got me thinking about how the new deck system and other parts of the ALB game have made this virtually impossible now.

Tordin Varglund
Corporal

Re: ALB the death of the spam

Postby Tordin Varglund » Sat 11 May 2013 17:05

eh, no

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Sat 11 May 2013 17:22

Tordin Varglund wrote:eh, no
Awesome response!

It's still entirely possible of course, putting 15-30 hinds in your deck definitely makes you weaker in other departments, whereas in EE you only needed to spend one deck slot for 5 hind variants.
Last edited by JBravo on Sat 11 May 2013 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

FirmusPiett
Lieutenant

Postby FirmusPiett » Sat 11 May 2013 17:22

Yeah spam seems not to be a problem these days; but it begs the question of whether that is down to a system which truly denies it or if it just boils down to people being inexperienced and unable to spam yet.

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant

Postby OmikronAnubis » Sat 11 May 2013 17:35

Oh there are spams also but in theory combined arms work most of the times better. You can send dozens of tanks without any airdefense and it might work well, but if you dont cover them it might end worse.
You can also send dozens of helis into enemys base, buks tend to run out of ammo quit fast and i lost plenty of units against a pure helispam but after a while i managed to reinforce my defenselines and killed most of his helis with ease. I also had a tankspam against a whole open flank on gavle but we managed to stop these guys also and won the game at the end.
So yes, of course spams can work, especially if you make mistakes by your own, but usually they are easier to parry imho.

zach5421
Corporal

Postby zach5421 » Sat 11 May 2013 17:40

What I was getting at is that it is still possible but instead of it being unstoppable and a end game move ALB seems to be more slower paced were defensive aa or atgms can be set up to easily stop spams and rushes.

cphoenix
Command Sergeant Major

Postby cphoenix » Sat 11 May 2013 19:57

When it comes to heli spam, all I need is a Buk or I-Hawk with a supply truck or two. :twisted:
AirLand Battle Strategy Guide

1. Have a CAP.
2. Always have a CAP.
3. If you don't have a CAP, get a CAP.

troublmaker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby troublmaker » Sat 11 May 2013 20:44

Spam tactics are most definitely still in the game. It takes a lot of skill to pull off spam rushes and it ends up being very risky in light of possible airplane openers but they're still there. But there's a lot of really super effective ground based AA that can nullify planes pretty cheaply.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”