Help with Czechoslovak deck.

marecek05
Command Sergeant Major

Help with Czechoslovak deck.

Postby marecek05 » Wed 15 May 2013 22:47

So far, I have only managed to have success with Czechoslovak deck when I used massed tanks and bvps filled with infantry covered by smoke. I also cannot really lose momentum, or I get stuck and cannot really make it move again. Does anybody have different playstyle with Czechoslovakia? If yes, would you please try to describe it, since I don't really enjoy such "meatgrindery" playstyle and I want to play as Czechoslovakia for stupid nationalistic/patriotic reasons.

Thank you...

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Re: Help with Czechoslovak deck.

Postby I WUB PUGS » Wed 15 May 2013 22:59

Great artillery. Great medium tanks. Pretty terrible at everything else.

My "Czech Mate" deck is basically a medium tank push with artillery support and the Albatross as my CAS.

Czechs can put great tanks in the field, but once Leo 2s and M1A1 show up, its time to call it a day and wait for the Soviets to do the heavy lifting. Nothing wrong with having a niche role.

marecek05
Command Sergeant Major

Postby marecek05 » Wed 15 May 2013 23:10

So basically the same way I do. :-/. I mean it is still fun, but it from a historical/realistic point of you it's wrong. I know it is a game and it probably needs to be like this.

If anyone is interested, in reality, the tank units would be left home with motor rifle divisions (which would consist of conscripted "absolvents" of mandatory military service) to bleed on the German borders, until Soviet army arrives. Only unit that could realistically deployed would be paratroooper division, which was considered elite among the CSLA and was specialized as the name suggests in infantry combat.

But it is a game, and it is a very good game, so we can just play and hope that mighty Eugen does something to buff Czechoslovakia in this way. Not crying it is UP or anything, just saying. I know how this forum is :-).

OmikronAnubis
Sergeant

Postby OmikronAnubis » Thu 16 May 2013 00:28

Dont underestimate the power of czech Mi-35, these babys bring pain over the nato-tanks. And in the worst case they are at least a nice bait since most nato-interceptor are worth more (and they cant call more as you can call mi-35). You can create a strong defenseline with your T72 and T55 as firesupport while the Malyutkas are handy also. Buks in the second line and the nato will rethink an attack if they are not dumb.

Snipe the expensive stuff with your Pions or the Mi-35 and you can advance as soon as the enemy lines are thined out.

Return to “Wargame : AirLand Battle”